Who has best price - Coconut Oil (76 deg)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0523

Reaction score
Appreciate any reference.

I would purchase online, but do most grocery stores sell this, and if so, how do I know its 76 degree version?

Any Wal-Mart Supercenter! 31 ounces of LouAnn 76* Coconut Oil for less than $3.00. Mine sell it for $2.82 I think.

ETA: 95% of the Coconut Oil is the 76* kind. I only know of one source for the 91* which next time I'm switching to. It does not matter if you use the 76* or the 91* the SAP Value is the same. Soapers Choice AKA Columbus Foods is that source. They sell it by the gallon or 50 pound cube. LOVE CF!

Paul... :wink:

Flynn said:
smellitlikeitis said:
Yea I wouldnt know about the East Coast..

I'm on the east coast and you can get it at any Walmart Supercenter. Although, if your store is anything like mine, they'll have it when you don't need it, and never when you do. . . (I know of atleast one local soapmaker. . . hmmm, maybe she's getting to it before me!).

Not sure if you have a Hannaford Grocery store in NJ, but you can get it there too--but it's the virgin/ unrefined stuff and cost way too much for me.

Soapmakerman said:
95% of the Coconut Oil is the 76* kind. I only know of one source for the 91* which next time I'm switching to.

Paul, do you find any benefits to using the 91?

Flynn, I have not used it yet, only the 76* coconut oil. My buddy in Florida uses the 91* coconut oil and from CF. He says it is white and makes a harder bar if soap. It is nice to work with he says. Mainly, it is so nice and white. The LouAnn 76* as you know is sorta yellowish coloured.

*sigh* That's what happens when you live in the boonies. Our local wal-mart doesn't carry coconut oil 76` but the grocery store does for $4.75 at one store and $3.70 at the other for a 14 ounce jar of it.

So I'm interested as well, to learn anywhere that sells it online that has it for a decent price. It's getting spendy buying it locally as I am, not to mention the clerks look at me weird when i'm buying all these oils when I get my groceries. LOL Oh and several cans of canned goats milk also gets me an odd look or two..........

Lane said:
4 lbs. - $8.92
7 lbs. - $11.27
35 lbs. - $45.15

http://brambleberry.com/oils.html

But what about shipping costs....... That is what what depends on if i continue to buy mine locally in small 14 ounce jars or order it online.
Because when I buy online I take into consideration the shipping cost with the total amount perchased to figure my price per ounce or unit or whatnot.

faithy- I bulk order mine... So for about a $100 dollar order of oils weighing at about 20 to 35 pounds, shipping is around $18.00. I do know when you order, they price quote the shipping higher than what you pay and they don't charge you more than they spend on shipping. I was once quoted at $30 for shipping and then was later only charged something like $16.50.

Soapmaker Man said:
Any Wal-Mart Supercenter! 31 ounces of LouAnn 76* Coconut Oil for less than $3.00. Mine sell it for $2.82 I think.

ETA: 95% of the Coconut Oil is the 76* kind. I only know of one source for the 91* which next time I'm switching to. It does not matter if you use the 76* or the 91* the SAP Value is the same. Soapers Choice AKA Columbus Foods is that source. They sell it by the gallon or 50 pound cube. LOVE CF!

ok Paul, I looked in walmart and I also work at walmart and could not find lye,or cocnut oil I looked everywhere where is it in your stores? and yes it is the supercenter

coconut oil 76

Columbus Foods has the absolute best prices on oils.. But you need to buy in bulk.. They are out of Chicago area. Also years back Copps stores use to carry like 25 pnd pails...

I agree with Mickie! Mike at CF is great!! They have the very best prices, but the minimum on this CO is 7 pounds or 1 gallon. The very best price from them is on a 50 pound cube. Shipping from Chicago to me in SW MO is not too bad. I don't buy my CO from them, but do PKO and Babassu, as well as other conditioning oils.

Paul... :)

No - my Walmart didn't have it. I'm going to try BJs today, maybe I'll have luck there.

I need to find local vendors for my products. Online shipping prices are killing me and my profit margin!

some times you can ask the store manager if they can order things for you. Won't hurt to ask and could save money.

Locally, you might also try a health food store - I found some out here in Cali for $54 for 8 pounds - which I was more than happy to pay... Generally, a lot of health food stores carry it...

Who has best price - Coconut Oil

I pay about $5.75 per gallon when I buy it in the local supermarket, and $4.06 when I get it from a wholesaler. A gallon is about 7 pounds, so I guess I'm paying about 58 cents a pound.

Of course I'm in the Philippines, and they have so much Coconut Oil here you would think it grows on trees or something ...

Wait a minute -- it DOES grow on trees! No wonder it's so cheap!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back