Who do I have to thank for this clean impression?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
I wish I could remember who it was who posted the tip about using a thin piece of plastic, like Saran wrap, over the soap when stamping, but I don't. Before I started doing this, the impressions I got were sometimes great, but a lot of the time, just so so. The stamp would get clogged with soap, and I'd have to stop to clean it...often. With this method, I always get a clean impression, and the stamp never gets soapy. This is the all gray version of my buttermilk bastile with oatmeal yin yang soaps that I made the other day, using one of the wooden stamps from the site on Ebay that I had posted a while back. So for any of you who are stamping your soaps, and not getting such great results, try this method, you won't be sorry.

stamp.jpg

I will give this a go. I had kinda given up on my stamp that has many small details of ever getting a clean stamp. I have gotten quite good at cleaning out all the stuck soap with an electric toothbrush though. hahahaha

I mentioned this in post no. 5 of the following thread:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53138

Mind you, I did not invent this tip. I read it somewhere and I don't know who I should thank for that tip either.

nframe, it was you!!! Yes, that was the post I was talking about. I've been really busy for the past year, retiring and getting lots of stuff done, so it's taken me this long to actually try this tip, and I can't get over how well it works. For those of you who haven't had great results with stamping before, try it, I think you'll be happily surprised. The soap I stamped was one day old, and gelled. I usually don't stamp soaps with oatmeal and honey in them because they seem "stickier" and really mess up my stamps. But I wanted to try this trick, so I thought I'd do just one. It worked so beautifully that I did the whole batch. I tried different stamps, and it worked equally well for all of them. And I thought I'd end up needing a lot of saran wrap. Nope. I just used one small piece, and was able to use it over and over again. I was so happy I ordered two more stamps! lol So thanks again nframe...this tip is much appreciated, whether you invented it, or just shared it, it saves a lot of time and headaches.

smileys-thanks-771216.gif

Back