Who do I have to thank for this clean impression?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

navigator9

Reaction score
I wish I could remember who it was who posted the tip about using a thin piece of plastic, like Saran wrap, over the soap when stamping, but I don't. Before I started doing this, the impressions I got were sometimes great, but a lot of the time, just so so. The stamp would get clogged with soap, and I'd have to stop to clean it...often. With this method, I always get a clean impression, and the stamp never gets soapy. This is the all gray version of my buttermilk bastile with oatmeal yin yang soaps that I made the other day, using one of the wooden stamps from the site on Ebay that I had posted a while back. So for any of you who are stamping your soaps, and not getting such great results, try this method, you won't be sorry.

stamp.jpg

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You soap looks wonderful and the stamp is certainly nicely defined and clean. Love the color

dillsandwitch

Reaction score
I will give this a go. I had kinda given up on my stamp that has many small details of ever getting a clean stamp. I have gotten quite good at cleaning out all the stuck soap with an electric toothbrush though. hahahaha

navigator9

Reaction score
I mentioned this in post no. 5 of the following thread:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53138

Mind you, I did not invent this tip. I read it somewhere and I don't know who I should thank for that tip either.
nframe, it was you!!! Yes, that was the post I was talking about. I've been really busy for the past year, retiring and getting lots of stuff done, so it's taken me this long to actually try this tip, and I can't get over how well it works. For those of you who haven't had great results with stamping before, try it, I think you'll be happily surprised. The soap I stamped was one day old, and gelled. I usually don't stamp soaps with oatmeal and honey in them because they seem "stickier" and really mess up my stamps. But I wanted to try this trick, so I thought I'd do just one. It worked so beautifully that I did the whole batch. I tried different stamps, and it worked equally well for all of them. And I thought I'd end up needing a lot of saran wrap. Nope. I just used one small piece, and was able to use it over and over again. I was so happy I ordered two more stamps! lol So thanks again nframe...this tip is much appreciated, whether you invented it, or just shared it, it saves a lot of time and headaches.

smileys-thanks-771216.gif

DeeAnna

Reaction score
Glad to hear the mystery has been resolved! :)

Latest posts