Who are your favorite Soap Making Supply places/persons?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

soapmaker

Soapmaker
Reaction score
I'm very surprised not to see New Directions Aromatics listed. I buy all my E.O.s from them as well as polawax and fractionated coconut oil for lotions. For F.O.s I use WSP and Nature's Garden. Even though I'm in Canada I also have a U.S. address to ship to when I'm able to get over there. For Coconut oil I use Bedessee Imports in Scarborough.

cassia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is WSP and what do you purchase from them or there?
Thanks for what has turned into a long list of suppliers of soap making goods.

Vicki C

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love and use many of the suppliers listed above. Without repeating those, here are a few more:

Smart Foodservice (Cash and Carry) - this is a restaurant supply store with good prices on bulk lard; right now it is 48lb for $51! No shipping charges if you find one near you!

BigLots - best price on coconut oil! Their 128oz jar works out to ~11¢ per ounce. Sometimes you can get free shipping, and they also have coupons.

Bud Hafner - on Etsy, he offers cutters, log splitters, etc. Super nice guy, nice quality work.
I just bought a bunch of coconut oil, 20% off plus $10 off! AND free delivery! Worked out to under 10¢ per ounce. Thanks again @AliOop for that tip!

Vicki C

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Carly B

Reaction score
I have used Mountain Rose Herbs in the past, but usually for teas and spices. I've gotten some EOs and supplies from them, but not for years and years.

kagey

Reaction score
Soaper's Choice almost all my oils. (never been disappointed with them. very professional)
Winn-Dixie grocery store for olive oil, avocado oil, flaxseed oil and lard.
Galaxie Foods (thru Amazon) for Red Palm Oil
Etsy for MuruMuru Butter

Wholesale Suppliers Plus for Essential Oils and clays (white kaolin clay)
New Directions for Essential Oils and clay (Multani Mitti Clay & Rhassoul). Another very professional supplier.
Wholesale Botanicals for good values on EOs. Bought my sandalwood there.
Brambleberry for Essential Oils and some clays (rose clay, french green clay). Brambleberry took nearly 3 WEEKS to get me my order!! Then, sent me a 10% OFF coupon for my first order AFTER my first order cleared! Dummkopfs!!

Amazon for small quantities of clays (sodium bentonite, calcium bentonite, rhassoul, serbian blue clay, fuller's earth & chemicals) -- NOTE: many of the soaping websites don't know the difference between sodium bentonite & calcium bentonite. They also think moroccan red clay is the same thing as rhassouli -- or fuller's earth is brown bentonite clay... it is not. Most soaping sites are middle men that will tell you whatever you want to hear to sell you stuff without realizing that soaping is chemistry - and in chemistry, the composition of your clays make a big difference.

Last edited:

Bubble Agent

Reaction score
Oh, I have overlooked this one.
Keep in mind I am a soapmaker from Norway, so I have to import every single thing I use in my soaps except for olive oil and coconut oil.

The below vendors are those I purchase things from repeatedly outside of Norway, and have products that I use in my CPSR.

I can not stray from the approved ingredients, so I don`t shop elsewhere for exploring newer things as I have to bear the cost of customs, fees and high shipping. I have made soap for so long now that I know what`s out there, what I can import, and what`s working for me, so I don`t feel bad about that.

Colors & Bioglitter:
Nurturesoap

Fragrances:
Nurturesoap
Flaming Candle

Special oils:
Mystic Moments, England.

Note:
I have shopped with them for as long as I can remember, I think they started up in 04, and I found them when they set up their website and started to ship to Norway. They started small, and developed into a larger corporation ltd.
They have good quality oils, I have not once received a bad product (I am extremely picky!) they have good CS, and also not over the top shipping. Never got problems, if a mistake was made and they forgot to add a product to my order, they corrected it promptly without me needing to hassle them for it. (I am not an affiliate, I just have a long time experience with them)

Sodium Gluconate:*
minerals-water (england)

*I have bought it via another supplier before, but they unfortunately stopped shipping to Norway so I had to find another one.
They package their goods well, have been very quick to ship, and the packaging is very sturdy.

Soaped

Reaction score
I'm located in Canada and have purchased from the following:

Voyageur soap and candle - this is the first canadian company I purchased from and now I am a bit biased towards them. I like the fragrance oils, oils and butters and clays that I've purchased

Candora Soap - I have purchased a few fragrances from here but didn't fancy the scents I choose 🤦🏾‍♀️

Windy Point Soap - I've ordered online and this summer was able to go into the actual store and i think smelled almost every scent and I know I spent too much money! I was in soap heaven. So far no complaints about anything I've received from them.

Outside of that I sometimes get basic oils (coconut and olive) and lard from Costco or the supermarket.

soapmaker

Soapmaker
Reaction score

Vicki C

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved them till now. Placed an order October 5 with a ship date of Oct. 14. Well it's the 18th and it still hasn't shipped. Called them and they say they have a bit of a staff shortage. Still love their products.
I had the same issue, and then they kept promising my order would be shipped and it wasn’t. Frustrating.

dbloomingdale

Reaction score
Soapers Choice, Wholesalesuplliesplus, and Camden Gray has the best price on Lavender 40/42 (imo). If you are a new soaper and are searching Amazon for great prices, please read the reviews of the items you are looking at before purchasing.

dbloomingdale

Reaction score
Loved them till now. Placed an order October 5 with a ship date of Oct. 14. Well it's the 18th and it still hasn't shipped. Called them and they say they have a bit of a staff shortage. Still love their products.
Its a problem for any industry right now. People do not want to work. I am not talking about people who can not work for medical reasons. People just dont want to work.