Who are your favorite Soap Making Supply places/persons?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Lotioncrafter for quality lotion-making, and also certain soapmaking supplies and equipment. Top-notch company with top-notch service, who are also deeply knowledgeable about the products they sell, and are very gracious to answer queries.

Columbus Foods/Soaper's Choice for quality, bulk soaping oils and butters.

Liberty Naturals for quality essential oils at a fair price.

Majestic Mountain Sage for soaping oils, fragrance oils, and lip balm ingredients/flavor oils/equipment/packaging. Their lip balm flavors are outstanding...strong and long-lasting.

Nurture Soap for colorants

Essential Depot for bulk lye

TKB Trading for all kinds of professional B&B stuff such as makeup, lipstick and lip balm colorants & ingredients (some of which are also good in soap), and professional looking-packaging for such.

ClearBags for clear soap boxes to package my most prettiest of soaps, and all kinds of clear bag packaging.

Smart & Final for beef tallow, lard, and also bulk sheets of grease-resistant paper sandwich wrap, which are excellent packaging/wrapping material for soap. I buy the 9" x 12" sheets, with which I can wrap 2 soaps per sheet.

And the following vendors for fragrance oils (in no particular order):

Daystar Candle and Soap Supplies
Oregon Trails Soap
Brambleberry
Majestic Mountain Sage
Wholsesale Supplies Plus
Save On Scents
SweetCakes
Rustic Escentuals
Nature's Garden Candles
Elements Bath & Body
Gemlite

IrishLass :)

Carly B

Reaction score
I'm all over the map, but I have a few that are always my first stop

Fragrance:
  • Nurture Soap
  • Fragrance Buddy
  • Oregon Trail

Micas:
  • Nurture Soap

Bases for creams and hair products:
  • Elements Bath and Body
Containers:
  • WSP
  • Majestic Mountain Sage
Brambleberry, WSP, and Nature's Garden have a lot of different things, so occasionally I'll shop there depending upon sales. As others have said, I wish there was a one-stop shop, but invariably if I'm searching for a couple things, I can't find one place that has everything.

I'm a hobby soapmaker, so I don't get massive amounts of anything other than Costco
sized coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil, and lard from Walmart if I can.

Anything else I use in such small quantities I just get it from Amazon.

Fats: Soaper’s Choice (RSPO No stir palm, tallow and refined shea), Costco (olive oil, avocado oil), Amazon (coconut oil, rice bran oil, high oleic sunflower, soy wax, castor and other oils or butters that I don’t use in large quantities such as SAO, Apricot Kernel, mango and cocoa butter). Walmart for lard. For lotion making supplies I order from Amazon or Lotion Crafters.

FOs: mostly from Bramble Berry or Nurture, occasionally WSP
EOs: Camden Grey

Micas: Nurture

Lye: Essential Depot or Duda via Amazon, have also purchased from the Lye Guy
@Mobjack Bay

You turned me on to Fragrance Buddy. Do you not use them anymore? Since Nurture discontinued so many of my favorites, and hasn't added any new fragrances in ages, I find
FB to be my main fragrance supplier these days.

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@Mobjack Bay

You turned me on to Fragrance Buddy. Do you not use them anymore? Since Nurture discontinued so many of my favorites, and hasn't added any new fragrances in ages, I find
FB to be my main fragrance supplier these days.
It must have been someone else, but thanks for the tip!
eta: possibly @dibbles ?

Last edited:

Susan Sturgill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the southwestern US so I try and get close to save on shipping.

bescented.com carries everything soaping supply wise oils, butters waxes, molds(silicone and wood), micas, FO, EO, lye, jars, bottles, as well as candle making supplies. She carries Crafters choice products, with out the 3-4 week wait for it to ship. She has fo sales biweekly a pound for $16. Min order of $30 and a flat rate of $15 shipping. Shipping is fast to ships out of Virginia. She also has 2 sizes of monthly mystery boxes of soap making supplies. Fun to get it’s like Christmas every month. 😁🎁😍

Arizona Soap Supply ships out of Arizona, has soaping oils and butters, lye(great prices), SFIC MP bases (lowest I have found), FO, EO, liquid colorant, fast shipping.

Mad Micas fast shipping excellent Micas and mica scoops.

Micas & More micas and FO, molds fast shipping and prebuys.

Brambleberry I use their FO, Micas, silicon molds and additives when I have a coupon or they Have a sale.

Natures Garden FO, Jars, additives. I love their selection of Fragrances.
Molly’s Soap Supplies out Pennsylvania , great deals on FO, Mica, Shea butter, charcoal, EO. She does prebuys as well.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for all these name and links, etc. If anyone else wants to add to this listing, please feel free.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@Susan Sturgill Can you clarify whether Molly's Soap Supplies is on Facebook only? I am not on FB but was able to access her posts via a name search (and only after eliminating a bunch of other Molly's Soaps).

When I clicked her website link that is shown on one of her FB posts, it took me to a site that had clearly been hacked. It flashed up a quick succession of screens, including one that purported to be "Apple Support," and then a screen that says, "Your computer has been compromised and is infected with a Trojan Horse. Click HERE to fix this."

Knowing better, I quickly closed that tab and shut down my computer as a precaution. I am on a Mac so it's unlikely to be infected, but others on Windows machines may not be so fortunate.

KudzuGoddess

Reaction score
This is a great thread all! Thanks!

Is anyone familiar with Vetiver Aromatics? I just bought some FO from them but haven't v gotten a chance to try it yet.

Also, I am seeking an organic, fair trade mango butter. Any ideas?

Angie Gail

Reaction score
For anyone who buys from Fragrance Buddy, how do you know how the FOs will behave in cold process soap? They don't seem to include that info in the description.

msunnerstood

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone who buys from Fragrance Buddy, how do you know how the FOs will behave in cold process soap? They don't seem to include that info in the description.
Their reviews. I have yet to find a FO there that didnt have a review about performance.

Vicki C

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Webstaurant.com. Good price on coconut oil. Silicone baking molds, plastic containers, cooking implements. Free shipping on most items* if you sign up for a trial period (then $90/month, but it is easy to cancel). Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate.
*not free shipping on coconut oil.

Angie Gail

Reaction score
Webstaurant.com. Good price on coconut oil. Silicone baking molds, plastic containers, cooking implements. Free shipping on most items* if you sign up for a trial period (then $90/month, but it is easy to cancel). Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate.
*not free shipping on coconut oil.
They are great and I bought my soap curing/drying rack from them. It's actually a sheet pan rack for things like breads and cookies but it works for soap too!

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
So nice seeing all the activity on this thread and helping the members. Keep it up.

tinytiers

Reaction score
Candles & Supplies (They’re about 15 minutes from my house. The employees are super friendly and knowledgeable)
Fragrance Buddy
WSP
Nuture Soap
Mad Micas