Who are your favorite Soap Making Supply places/persons?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I know there is the recommendation forum at the very bottom of the index of forums. But I'm wondering if you could list your favorites here. Some people never see that section and we have a lot of new members that may have new recommendations.

So, who do you find good to buy from? Or any other businesses that work with the Soap Making people.

Thanks.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
Natures Garden
Nurture's Soap Supplies
Brambleberry
Aztec
Mile High Soap Supply
Mad Micas
Wholesales Supplies Plus
Candles and Supplies (they have a few soap supplies also)
Lonestar Candle Supplies (they also have a few soap supplies)

So many more I can't think of at the moment

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nurture Soap Supplies
Bramble Berry
Wholesale Supplies Plus
Elements Bath and Body
Camden Grey
SoapGoods
The Lye Guy (Local to Syracuse, NY)
Nature's Garden & Candles
My local stores in a pinch,

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thank you for these lists. I hope more people list their favorites.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I love and use many of the suppliers listed above. Without repeating those, here are a few more:

Smart Foodservice (Cash and Carry) - this is a restaurant supply store with good prices on bulk lard; right now it is 48lb for $51! No shipping charges if you find one near you!

BigLots - best price on coconut oil! Their 128oz jar works out to ~11¢ per ounce. Sometimes you can get free shipping, and they also have coupons.

Bud Hafner - on Etsy, he offers cutters, log splitters, etc. Super nice guy, nice quality work.

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love if it was easier to discover more local suppliers. Ordering from the states is expensive for me, particularly for heavy oils.

In Ireland I use Bomar.ie for ingredients, and alpack.ie for packaging and things like jars for salves and infusing oils.

I've also recently ordered from thesoapkitchen.co.uk but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't speak to the quality until it does!

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
These are some of my favorite US suppliers that I use, although not exclusively:

Soaper's Choice (in Ohio) for oils - Home | Soaper's Choice
Micas & More (in Kentucky) she sells more than micas - Save On Soap Supplies! - Micas and More
Mad Micas - for micas - Mad Micas | Premium Micas and Colorants for Makers
Arizona Mad Oils (formerly known as Mad Oils) - for Fragrances - arizona mad oils fragrance
Essential Depot (in Florida) - great sale prices for lye a couple times per year - https://www.essentialdepot.com/
Nurture Soap (in Indiana) for micas & they have very good molds - Nurture Soap Making Supplies

I buy soy wax from Amazon; I buy some oils at Costco, Walmart and in the past Sam's Club (no longer a member at Sam's Club since Costco came to our area); I've purchased from several listed above by other soapers.

I always shop around (be it online or in stores) to do cost comparisons (counting shipment costs into my bottom line). I also tend to look in thrift stores for supplies that may be adapted for use in soapmaking (soap molds, mixing vessels, etc.)

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Natures Garden - pretty much my main source for FO's
Candle Science - my other source for FO's and wax
Mad Micas - For Neon Colors
Micas & More - For micas
Wholesales Supplies Plus - I mostly buy only B&B packaging from them these days unless they have a good sale on oils.
Soapers Choice
Lotion Crafter

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Fats: Soaper’s Choice (RSPO No stir palm, tallow and refined shea), Costco (olive oil, avocado oil), Amazon (coconut oil, rice bran oil, high oleic sunflower, soy wax, castor and other oils or butters that I don’t use in large quantities such as SAO, Apricot Kernel, mango and cocoa butter). Walmart for lard. For lotion making supplies I order from Amazon or Lotion Crafters.

FOs: mostly from Bramble Berry or Nurture, occasionally WSP
EOs: Camden Grey

Micas: Nurture

Lye: Essential Depot or Duda via Amazon, have also purchased from the Lye Guy

rdc1978

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Fragrances
BrambleBerry
WSP
Nurture Soap

I really like these three suppliers for F/O because they test with CP soap for discoloration, ricing, seizing and acceleration.

These aren't perfect, but at least they can give you an idea of what you're likely working with.

All three sell wonderful F/O, but I think the ones I get from BB always smell a little more complex to me. However, all three have great F/O

I also like WSP and NS for micas. WSP because they sometimes put them on sale and I cannot refuse a sale. I like NS because their sampler of all their colors is reasonably priced (TO ME). I've bought molds from all three suppliers

Amazon for nearly everything else, like oils and lye (I think they have an essential depot page, but maybe not the sale prices).

For supplies, like spatulas, craft sticks, skewers and whisks I always check dollar tree....the ones in my area have a section dedicated to crafting.

Rsapienza

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rustic Escentuals has some great fragrances as well. Aztec too. I have used micas from BB, WSP, MM, NS, and RE and IMO, as long as they are meant for CP soap, they all do the trick :)
For large amounts of lye, I recommend a local chemical company. You can't beat the prices and if stored correctly, it can last forever!

TheGecko

Reaction score
Right now I’m getting Olive, Coconut and Avocado Oils from Costco (no shipping). I Will Call from Shay & Company for Sodium Hydroxide, Cocoa, Kokum, Mango and Shea Butters, Castor Oil and Sodium Lactate. I’m still working on the bucket of Palm Oil I got from BrambleBerry and then I have a small bucket of No Stir Palm Oil from Elements Bath & Body.

For scents, colorants and additives...I shop around: BrambleBerry, Rustic Escentuals, Be Scented, Nurture Soap, Shay & Company, Elements Bath & Body. I do get a few things from Amazon, but I’m very careful and make as small a purchase as I can to start and then test.

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love and use many of the suppliers listed above. Without repeating those, here are a few more:

Smart Foodservice (Cash and Carry) - this is a restaurant supply store with good prices on bulk lard; right now it is 48lb for $51! No shipping charges if you find one near you!

BigLots - best price on coconut oil! Their 128oz jar works out to ~11¢ per ounce. Sometimes you can get free shipping, and they also have coupons.

Bud Hafner - on Etsy, he offers cutters, log splitters, etc. Super nice guy, nice quality work.
Thats a good price on C-Oil i'm paying .16 cent an ounce from Costco's. i'm gonna check my local BL to see if they carry the big size. 👍🏼😃

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Great information here. Please add to it if you have someone not mentioned, or even if they are already mentioned. Let's others know who is good for you.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Wholesale Supplies Plus
Nature's Garden
Camden Grey
Soaper's Choice

Stephd31

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulk Apothecary for Sodium Hydroxide I buy a 50lb pail and it's the cheapest I've found. I happen to live 30 mins away so no shipping.

Nurture Soap for micas, molds, and FO

Soapers Choice for oils and butters, can't beat their turnaround time.

Nature's Garden for FO and impulse buys

Aztec & Candlescience for FO

Latest posts