White spots on the soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amory80

Reaction score
I am a beginner.
I use palm oil,coconut oil,and olive oil for my soap .and use lavender, orange, rosemary,tea tree eo for the scent.
But as i unmold...it has a white spots all over the place...
I dont use stick blender...cause i have none...only hand blending.
I check the PH is 10
I also use the oat milk(i freeze it abit before mix it with lye)
Can somebody tell me what it possibly might be...the white spots?
Thank you

IMG-20170215-WA0016-1.jpg

20170215_094744-1.jpg

Welcome Amory! I see it's your first post.

I think the spots are probably from the fatty acids in your solid oils solidifying distinctly from the rest (especially from the palm oil). Also, the cooler temps resulting from using frozen oat milk and a long hand whisk probably contributed as well. No harm no foul, your soap is fine (in fact it's really pretty) but you might try soaping warmer next time if you want a different result. What percentage of palm and coconut did you use?

Consider saying hi to everyone in the Introductions forum, it's a great way for folks to realize you've joined our ranks and offer a friendly welcome.

Thank you for your reply ..:) i highly appreciate it..:) glad to know my soap is fine.haha...

I use more or less 45 %olive oil,30%palm oil,and 25% coconut oil

It could be improperly melted oils (palm and coconut have to be clear (no hint of a swirl through the melted oil)) and warm when you mix with they're othere oils.

Or it could be the milk. Milk prefers s cooler temp which is achievable by using the split method-mix the lye with the same weight of water use milk for the rest of the required water. Mix powdered milk in this portion for 100% milk. Then mix into the oils before mixing in the lye.

Latest posts

Back