White forming on soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have pictures of what you mean? We might be able to give a better answer if we can see what's going on. :)

Hi All. What causes a white film on the soap after use when it dries?
Just wanted to add this is a Castile Soap no additives , no fragrances.

Do you have pictures of what you mean? We might be able to give a better answer if we can see what's going on. :)

Attachments

• 9729D2CD-DA1D-4ABB-9294-E538DDB96013.jpeg
    9729D2CD-DA1D-4ABB-9294-E538DDB96013.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Its just the dried lather. If you don't like the look of it, rinse your soap after use.

I find that mine end up with marks like that when they don't drain super well, maybe try a different soap dish? You will probably still have some marks, as Obsidian said, but you might be able to reduce them with better drainage.

As far as gifting goes, I doubt anyone will even notice, and if they do they probably won't think twice about it. In my experience, people are far more concerned with how they smell and how nice it feels on the skin than how they look. Most people who have used industrial bar soap for years will know that the lather dries on the outside of the bar. As long as it smells great and works well, they'll be coming back for more when they use it up ;)

Back