White clay

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The top of this beer soap was lightened at a rate of 3 tablespoons of white kaolin per pound of oil

NsfrFt4.jpg

A picture's worth a thousand words ^^
but I'll add, "not very." More a creamy winter white, and does not have enough coloring power to overcome darker oils. You need TD for a real white in most liquid oils.

If your worried about using titanium dioxide and are looking for a natural alternative your not likely to find one that works as well as it. When I first started soaping I was against using it until I did more research on it and watched this vid
Titanium dioxide is a naturally occuring mineral just the name sounds scary and chemical like, but when you use the chemical names in an ingredient list for oils it sounds scary too. Its been around for 90 years now so if any advers effects came from using it they would have discovered it by now most likely.

If your worried about using titanium dioxide and are looking for a natural alternative your not likely to find one that works as well as it. When I first started soaping I was against using it until I did more research on it and watched this vid
Titanium dioxide is a naturally occuring mineral just the name sounds scary and chemical like, but when you use the chemical names in an ingredient list for oils it sounds scary too. Its been around for 90 years now so if any advers effects came from using it they would have discovered it by now most likely.

Thank you my thoughts exactly about the scariness of the item. I’ll read up and watch this. Thank you.

thank you for sharing this info.

Zinc oxide in soap might also be great for people with very dry skin or eczema I guess, I use to use zinc oxide when I was a kid as I had eczema and it worked a treat, great healing cream too I use to use it on my sons nappy rash.

Latest posts

Back