white base for colouring / swirling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
Do you have a recipe that gives you a nice white base for colouring / swirling, or do you add TD?

I'm just starting to try and get my swirling 'technique' down, but the recipe I'm using gives an off white or ivory shade to the uncoloured portion. It's not bad, but I'm looking for something that will give me a nice background for coloured bentonite beads.

My recipe at the moment is:
62 % Olive Oil
31% Coconut
7% Shea Butter.
Lye & water as per your calculator & preferred discounts. I use 6% lye discount & 0% water discount (I need all the time I can get to mess around with it at the moment)

Becky.

For my "white" soap, like the one I just did for the swap, the "whipped cream" on top, I used TD. I almost always use TD any time I want to lighten my GM soaps. It is hard for me to get a very white soap since I use GM. I just use TD and like doing reverse swirls!

Paul.... :wink:

Hi Paul.

Reverse swirl? You mean swirl the white into the colour, not the colour into the white?

I've just done a couple that are roughly half & half, poured into the mold at the same time and then swizzled around. I'm pretty pleased, they are my best efforts yet. Usually I get a lumpy/patchy effect, not swirly.

Becky.

Latest posts

Back