I decided to something out of sequence when making a CP bar soap. I kept having issues with uber fast trace when using fragrance oils and such. So I added the FO to the base oils prior to heating them plus adding sodium lactate to the oils too. In addition, I used a 1 Tbsp. of white kaolin...
I like the colour
A couple of unsolicited helpful comments:
- use something other than aluminium foil as your splatter protection in the oven ... soap batter eats holes in aluminium foil (+ hot = fast)
- avoid letting soap touch metal (use thick cloth or similar as a barrier) - most metal racks trigger rancidity/DOS (aka Dreaded Orange Spots) in soap
Regarding the foil... it was a quick fix and I was watching this like a hawk for 20 minutes or so. However, I will remember that for the future.
The rack is stainless steel and I have cured over 7 batches on it with no issues. I leave the bars on edge for minimal touching, I just put the bar flat for the photo.
I will keep an eye on that situation, though I haven't had it occur yet.