White Ash

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ash

Or, you can learn to "Embrace The Ash" :lol:
It's harmless, and adds a "down-home", rustic, handmade look to soap. But see I like that. I don't bevel my edges, either.

But if you really hate it, some soapers get rid of it by using alcohol or/and a strong stream of water.

well that's what i'm gonna do. I don't bevel my edges either and I do like the way it looks, i just don't want the consumer to think it's bad soap. thank you nea!

Or, just wait until next week when you get your new TOG Soap Molds and you will NEVER have ash again!

With the wood top, never see ash again.... :wink:

Paul.... :wink:

True that!

Soapmaker Man said:
Or, just wait until next week when you get your new TOG Soap Molds and you will NEVER have ash again!

With the wood top, never see ash again.... :wink:

Paul.... :wink:

Now, that is the truth. I've only had ash when my soap was uncovered. My very first batch of soap was made in a TOG mold (I started with the best) — it was the most beautiful, ash-free log of soap you've evah seen.

individual molds

I am using individual molds for my soaps, 3 molds in a square and the ash gets on the bottom and after I remove it from my insulated box, the white ash will start to creep into the rest of the bar.
I am using the cp process and was wondering how to prevent the ash in individual molds. My wooden soap log mold works well but I am trying to make my soaps with pretty molds now.
Any suggestions??
Thanks

I have a feeling my TOG mold is going to be a miracle. I do insulate my soaps in the mold, but it is to no avail.

I'll post pics when I make my first TOG soap

cgray - some said to put parchment paper over the exposed portion. Then peel it off after they are firm. I did this the other day with an individual massage bar mold and it worked great.

No matter what molds of mine I use, if I cover the mold and give it time to properly set up before unmolding, I can avoid ash. If I don't cover my molds, it is a given that I will ash. I've had soaps that the ash actually enhanced the look of the soap.

Back