Whiskey....mmmmm.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack Daniels in a glass works for me. Oh, wait, you meant in CP.
I'll take whiskey tea, thank you. No alcohol and I can drink a fair amount of it and enjoy some notes (depends on the tea blend).

@Jersey Girl If given the opportunity, I would walk around smelling like cake batter or some kind of cake or even pineapple. If I chose anything else up my alley, it's likely my daughter would "borrow" it.

@Jersey Girl If given the opportunity, I would walk around smelling like cake batter or some kind of cake or even pineapple.

Ive always been hesitant to order bakery FOs for soap as I wasn’t sure they would sell, but apparently there are lots of people who like them. I always thought they were more geared towards candles. I do like fruity scents though! I recently made a blend of tropical FOs that I added a bit of Pineapple Cilantro and it adds a really nice note.

@Jersey Girl If given the opportunity, I would walk around smelling like cake batter or some kind of cake or even pineapple.

Ive always been hesitant to order bakery FOs for soap as I wasn’t sure they would sell, but apparently there are lots of people who like them. I always thought they were more geared towards candles. I do like fruity scents though! I recently made a blend of tropical FOs that I added a bit of Pineapple Cilantro and it adds a really nice note.
I was referring to BBW's line for the cakey-smelling products. PICA alert!

Can FO for candles be used in CP soap?

Many FOs can be used for both candles and body products like soap. You just have to check the website you buy them from to make sure an oil is skin safe and at what percentage. That said, there are some that can be used in candles but not skin products. Stick with reputable suppliers that list all the details regarding what applications the oil can be used in and safe percentages.

Many FOs can be used for both candles and body products like soap. You just have to check the website you buy them from to make sure an oil is skin safe and at what percentage. That said, there are some that can be used in candles but not skin products. Stick with reputable suppliers that list all the details regarding what applications the oil can be used in and safe percentages.
Thank you!

Who would want to bathe in a soap that smelled like whiskey? Not being obnoxious but actually curious! I feel the same about beer scents.
I’m playing with ideas that appeal to guys In a fun way......whiskey, tobacco (not cigarettes, LOL), food, maybe even hemp...... I want to do something besides (or in addition to) the typical cedarwood, juniper, clove, etc. Which are all very nice, don’t get me wrong, but very common. And why try to sell if I’m just going to do the same thing as everyone else? 😁

The Whiskey FO from Candle Science is pretty good.
Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

I’m playing with ideas that appeal to guys In a fun way......whiskey, tobacco (not cigarettes, LOL), food, maybe even hemp...... I want to do something besides (or in addition to) the typical cedarwood, juniper, clove, etc. Which are all very nice, don’t get me wrong, but very common. And why try to sell if I’m just going to do the same thing as everyone else? 😁

I‘ve used some Tobacco scents that smell amazing actually. I sniffed a Beer scent in store and it smelled awful. Might have just been a bad rendition. I’ve never smelled a whiskey FO. Its all about the marketing though...get that right and people will buy it! Curiosity has me wanted to buy a sample of Whiskey FO now. Lol

BB's Tobacco and Bay Leaf FO is unique and fantastic. Soaps perfectly, too. It's pretty strong so I recommend using it at no more than 4%.

My husband is using a bar I made with the FO and I can even smell it on him for a good hour-ish. He smells dreamy.

BB's Tobacco and Bay Leaf FO is unique and fantastic. Soaps perfectly, too. It's pretty strong so I recommend using it at no more than 4%.

My husband is using a bar I made with the FO and I can even smell it on him for a good hour-ish. He smells dreamy.

I just got that FO last week and it smells amazing OOB. Looking forward to soaping with it!

I actually have a test batch going right now with BB Tobacco and Bay Leaf. I really like it too and can’t wait to cut it!

Tobacco and Caramel from California Candle Supply, Tobacco Leaf and Amber, and Tobacco and Bay Leaf, were all very good sellers for me. Although none outsold DB.
Thank you!

Back