whipping MP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divaxtrema

Reaction score
Hello All!
Wondering if anyone has ever tried to whip Melt and Pour soap for a differrent effect? I don't even know if it can be whipped.....

I whipped it all the time. For floating soaps, frosting, etc. it can be done, but it hardens very quickly so you have to keep an eye on it.

HI CCK...
Thank you very much! I thought I would ask before messing my space up....

Yet again... another thing i want to learn.... to do list... :D

I melt it in a coffee cup. not a flat bottom one, but one that gets narrower on the bottom. if that makes sense. Then I take a whisk and roll it back and forth between my palms really fast. My hubby teases me, cause I look like im rubbing 2 sticks together to make a fire. lol. but since MP hardens as soon as it is cool you have to watch it very closely. if it gets hard or too thick melt it a few secs and whip up slightly.

Ive tried this as well for coffee foam on top of a "latte", and found that it you add just an itty bit of citric acid ( say 1/4 teaspoon to 1 LB MP), it keeps it from re-hardening as much.. it will have a softer more pliable consistency longer and gives you a bit more time to play with it.

Back