Whipped sugar scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamswin

Reaction score
Hi I make whipped sugar scrub with a soap paste but it seems after a few weeks the stearic acid I use hardens back up and there are big chunks of white in my sugar scrub…. Any ideas what I should do or why this is happening

Hi I make whipped sugar scrub with a soap paste but it seems after a few weeks the stearic acid I use hardens back up and there are big chunks of white in my sugar scrub…. Any ideas what I should do or why this is happening
Hi tamswin. I'm noticing the same thing with my soap paste. I used stearic acid in granule form.....the particles are similar to very fine white sugar. I melted it well before adding to the soap paste, but after a week, I too have small granules in the paste. I used the CP method to make the soap paste, (which was awesome and fast.) But when I use the HP method, I didn't have a problem with stearic acid. What method do you use? I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you, but I'm with you....chunkies in our soap paste is kind of disappointing, right?

Latest posts

Back