Whipped soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. It was a fun soap to make. I didn't find it to be overly dangerous. I certainly didn't have batter flying around. LOL As long as the lye is added slowly, it's all good.

I agree. It was a fun soap to make. I didn't find it to be overly dangerous. I certainly didn't have batter flying around. LOL As long as the lye is added slowly, it's all good.
You whipped the fats/butters/oils first, correct?
It sounded like the OP started with melted oils and lye mixture and then tried whipping the batter.

Hello,

I made Web so using the following recipe:

Lard 2.11lb
Coconut oil. 48lb
Lye .37lb
D. Water 1.00lb

I used a stand mixer to mix my Lye water and oils But it never got fluffy can you please advise what I did wrong?

Would you please describe what you did from beginning to end?

Just when I thought I’d seen it all...seems that this type of soap would not be very long lasting...and very messy to make! I wonder who on the forum has tried this. Would be curious to hear about it.
Just when I thought I’d seen it all...seems that this type of soap would not be very long lasting...and very messy to make! I wonder who on the forum has tried this. Would be curious to hear about it.
Have you made soap before - enough to be fairly confident? If not - then make a couple more batches of soap before trying the whipped soap.

Whipped soap is done by whipping your oils into almost a whipped cream - before adding the lye solution. Here is a video that might help you:

[ame]

I know how to make it, but just wanted to know if by using lard, did it affect the fluffiness of the soap.

You whipped the fats/butters/oils first, correct?
It sounded like the OP started with melted oils and lye mixture and then tried whipping the batter.
Yes, that is correct.

I know how to make it, but just wanted to know if by using lard, did it affect the fluffiness of the soap.
If I remember correctly, I followed the recipe from soaping 101. I put my oils in the freezer for a bit to get them to harden up before beating them with a hand mixer, and I added my lye solution a little at a time to keep that whipped type consistency that I believe you are referring to. I'm not sure if it would come out the same if the recipe was changed as I never tried it.

Have you made soap before - enough to be fairly confident? If not - then make a couple more batches of soap before trying the whipped soap.

Whipped soap is done by whipping your oils into almost a whipped cream - before adding the lye solution. Here is a video that might help you:
Oh that looks like some good messy fun! I shudder to think what my soaping area would look like the first time I tried this method... LOL
ETA: Spoke too soon. The "whipping" phase is exactly how I make my creams. Not messy at all - Ha.

Latest posts

Back