Whipped soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Reaction score
I do not have a fancy Kitchen Aid mixer... Can I make whipped soap with my whisk attachment for my stick blender?

I reallllly want to try whipped soap, but don't want to get half way into it and realize I completely messed up!

Any advice on the process?

The 2 times I have made whipped soap, it was a long process. I don't think that a whisk attachment to a SB would be enough. I had to whip the tar out of my soap. I think (and I'm totally guessing) that you would probably end up burning out your SB.

That is what I was thinking...Between whipping the hard oils, the lye water, to FO...and all the whipping in between....With my luck, the stick blender would die half way through....

Can you do it with a regular beater? Like what you'd use to make a cake or brownies?

Yes you can use a handheld mixer, it will just be alot of work.

The stand alone is best.

Whenever I have made whipped soap, it has always been with a hand-held mixer. It is more time consuming, but works just fine.

Thanks! I might have to put the project on hold until I can get a stand alone... :?

NO NO...don't put the project on hold. Use a regular mixer. I have a great whipped soap recipe that took me no longer to "whip up" than my regular process. Let me know if you'd like it!

WhiteLyeSoapCo said:
NO NO...don't put the project on hold. Use a regular mixer. I have a great whipped soap recipe that took me no longer to "whip up" than my regular process. Let me know if you'd like it!

YES! Please.

Thank you! :D

If you were to use a household mixer for soapmaking, would it still be safe to use it with food if I was to make whipped soap with it?? or would i need to buy a seperate attatchment just to be safe??? I usually sequester off my soap mat'ls away from food and dont cross-contaminate with the bowls, spoons etc that I use for either??

Thanks!!

Is that recipe still available? All these years later? :D:rolleyes: Does it come with directions too? :lol:

This thread was from 11 yrs ago :rolleyes:. Nobody on here still around, I'm locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back