Whipped Soap Recipe Request??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Ipsale

Reaction score
I'm a beginner and just starting out but I'm getting frustrated because I'm trying to figure out if this is possible. I've successfully made a whipped soap using oil/butter & foaming bath whip from BB, but I want to make a natural base from scratch WITHOUT lye.

Is there any way possible to make a whipped "soap" from oils/butter/stearic acid/SLSA?

Last edited:
Can't make soap without lye.

So that leaves with you surfectant/detergent type ingredient, which are much less natural than soap. Soap isn't strictly "natural" but it's closer to natural than detergents.
Sorry I'll rephrase; the only reason I don't want to use lye is because every recipe I found takes months to cure.
I'm wanting to make a whipped surfecant/detergent type recipe.

You can make whipped soap by shredding up bar soap, adding water and then adding add'l oils.

https://helloglow.co/whipped-soap/

Bar soap (not sure about what you're trying to make) only takes 4-6 weeks to cure, altho I've use some after 4. Less if you use a dehumidifier in a smaller space like a laundry room or closet - 2 to 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Sorry, I wouldn’t recommend making that. It would be a greasy mess personally. If you do I would also recommend adding a preservative. It will be prone to ickies with water added. That’s not a true cream soap by any means. Also, even with a dehumidifier soap still needs at least 4 weeks. Can you use it sooner, sire. It won’t be at its best. I run a dehumidifier all summer, still cure 4-6 weeks or longer.

Also, even with a dehumidifier soap still needs at least 4 weeks. Can you use it sooner, sire. It won’t be at its best. I run a dehumidifier all summer, still cure 4-6 weeks or longer.

Running a dehumifier in a closet (in a cold climate, I'm in MN), my soap is cured in three weeks!

That contains propylene glycol, an active ingredient in antifreeze.

Don't confuse propylene glycol with the much more toxic ethylene glycol.

"...In contrast to ethylene glycol, a potent cause of acute toxicity in humans, propylene glycol is a “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) additive for foods and medications. Propylene glycol rarely causes toxic effects..." Source: https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.asp?csem=12&po=14

Don't confuse propylene glycol with the much more toxic ethylene glycol.
Yeah you pretty much need to mainline propylene glycol for it to do harm internally.
Externally, it's about as irritating as water. Pretty sure the soap it will be in is harsher on your skin and eyes than the PG.

Back