whipped soap frosting - dry time?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean1C

Reaction score
I made a banana soap cake and decided to try some whipped frosting instead of the usual CP. I used the recipe from Soap queen:

1 Cup foaming bath whip
1 cup melt and pour
1 Tablespoon liquid glycerin
3 tablespoons meringue powder

It whipped up nice and fluffly and piped well. However it is still not "solid". It has been 24 hours. It is holding its shape but when you touch it, it is like touching real frosting. Is this usual? How long do I have to wait for it to dry/get solid? OR should I just scape it all off and do the usual thing that I do?

I don't know how it differs but I couldn't handle my cp whipped soap for about 3.5 days! Pieces on the sites would kind of rub off and think day 4 I was able to cut it.

Thanks, at least that gives my some hope. I will just wait it out...I am VERY impatient. My husband always says that if I were to be reincarnated, I am doomed to return as a snail, so I can learn patience.

For anyone that cares, this was a big "NO"!!!! It has been a week...it is still soft. I even put it in the freezer yesterday...still soft....ARGHHH!!! I am going to try something w/out the foaming bath soap. I saw it on YOUTUBE. It was 4 oz of M/P plus 2 OZ of glycerin....Either this will work or my banana cream pie will be banana cream REBATCH!!

Latest posts

Back