Whipped Shea, 1st attempt~

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectsoap

Reaction score
This is my first attempt of a whipped Shea Butter cream. It isn't bad, but it isn't exactly what I am after! lol
It is very oily and is more like a shaving cream than face/body cream. Wounder if I need to add a little wax. hmm
Well here is a picture.
pict0001dq7.jpg

Here is the link to the recipe I used. I did add more corn starch. I know why they use refined Shea butter now, can't mask the smell of the natural :(
http://www.candlesupply.com/how2bodybutter.html [/img]

If it is not firm eough for you, you either did not whip long enough or did not get it cold enough fast enough or both. You can get it too hard if you are not careful. No wax is needed for that.

It looks good to me. If it is too ligt though it might fall like a souffle by morning.

I just peeked at the recipe. It is 40% oil & 60% shea. I go with 25% oil & 75% shea. That may be why yours is a bit sodter than you wanted it to be.

Tabitha said:
I just peeked at the recipe. It is 40% oil & 60% shea. I go with 25% oil & 75% shea. That may be why yours is a bit softer than you wanted it to be.

Tabitha,
Thanks for your input! I think I agree after poking around!
I think I will also cut the recipe in half or more lol. Too much for practice!
FYI - I used sweet almond oil
Thanks again!
Jeff

I added cornstarch to mine. I didn't use the same ingredients as you did, but the added cornstarch was awesome in mine. k

Latest posts

Back