Whipped frosting frustration!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolaM

Reaction score
made my first m & p soaps for kiddies and I had so much fun with them! (usually I only do cp)
But now I’m struggling to make a little frosting for the top to use as a ‘glue’ to get my toy duckies to stick.
It goes from liquid to thick melted marshmallow type disgustingness in 0-2 seconds! Forgot about getting anywhere near a piping bag.
Best I’ve managed was too spoon some runny goop on top and then dump on the toy at top speed before its hard. But I find it looks kinda crappy and definitely not the little fluffy clouds I had imagined!
I’ve watched all the YouTube tutorials but just can’t seem to get it right.
Could someone tell me what is the exact % of m&p/liquid soap/glycerin I should be using? Also lost of the tutorials mention ‘foaming bath whip’ I’m not sure what that is. I just made a batch of whipped cream soap. Is that comparable?
I only need a small amount for Around 6 little cupcake soaps I’m gifting at a New Years party.
Or any other ideas how I should attach the toys?
Attached my failure pic below....

Attachments

• BCD42594-557A-4E7F-B919-D77D3B2B9301.jpeg
    BCD42594-557A-4E7F-B919-D77D3B2B9301.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 31
Hello, I am wondering if you have gotten any tips on how to make this frosting. Mine is turning out a lot like your describing. It’s sticky and gooey, then if I soften it a bit when it dries it’s like silly putty. The liquid soap did work better for me over the glycerin, but I definitely have not gotten frosting to my liking.

Your ducks look 100x better than my miserable cupcakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope! I’m afraid no one offered any words of advice on the subject! I plan on tackling it again in the near future when I have some free time. If by some miracle I find something that works I will be happy to share it with you Jenlee

Back