Whipped Cocoa Butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink-north

Reaction score
Hi guys! :)

I've been working on devoloping my own whipped body butter, by using cocoa butter. Does anyone know if this will work? I'm looking for a light, quick absorbing, non-greasy formla. I'm also thinking of experimenting with Natrasorb.

My most recent attempt yeilded a very hard (albeit nice smelling) butter.

3 oz cocoa butter
3 oz shea butter
3 tsp apricot kernel oi
1 tsp vitamin E oil
1 tsp aloe vera gel

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks

Hi,

Cocoa butter is such a hard butter, so I think you'd need a lot more Oils or softer butters to make it a soft and creamy butter - I used whipped Cocoa butter as a piping on top of Bath Muffins because it sets rock hard...

HTH

Jude

Thanks for the info. I am working on a new formula and will increase my soft butters and oils and lower my cocoa butter. Any good recipes out there?

pink-north said:
Thanks for the info. I am working on a new formula and will increase my soft butters and oils and lower my cocoa butter. Any good recipes out there?

I just use shea butter as my only butter, then add fractionated coconut oil. Both the shea & fco absorb quickly & the fco is a really light oil, so I don't get that heavy, greasy feeling.

I would increase the amount of soft oils that you are using. For mine, I use about 60% hard butters and 40% soft butters/oils to get a nice whipped butter. I'm not sure of your percentages but your shea and cocoa butters are the bulk of your recipe.

Latest posts

Back