Whipped Body Butters in the Summer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
So, for the moment I'm making some whipped butters and those have been a big winter hit, but I'm thinking about summer-time and shipping. If you offer whipped anhydrous butters through the summer, do you just not ship them, ship them with an ice pack or ship them with a warning that they'll need to be whipped back up with a fork once they arrive at their destination?

I'll be attending some local cons, so it'll be easier for me face to face to tell them not to leave it in the car or they'll have to re-whip.

If you offer something else through the summer, would it just be a non-whipped version? Or lotion bars?

I don’t ship body butter in the summer. I take some to shows but keep them in a cooler and rotate them on hot days. I find they sell best though in the fall/winter.

While I do not sell them anymore I always found they do not sell well in hot weather, but my lighter lotions do sell. People do not seem to like the heaviness of butters in hot weather. I now make a very thick lotion and a anhydrous solid lotion I put in jars, which can easily be put on an ice blanket in the summer We also never shipped melty products in summer

I only make whipped body butters for myself and local family. Living in FL it's warm most of the year. I added a tiny amount of beeswax to a whipped butter last summer to see what would happen. It kept it's whipped fluffy consistency! Now that it's warming up, I want to make another batch and mail to a cousin a few states away for experimental purposes. She usually only gets meltables during the winter!

Back