Whipped body butter - popular scents?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I'm making some for Christmas gifts, so I'm wondering what scents are most popular in this product? I will be making lavender, mint, vanilla and I want one other option.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
A few of my best sellers are Love Spell, Pink Sugar, Lemongrass, Lavender,

Dahila

Reaction score
You need to watch with citrus, especially summer, I make a nice blend of Lemongrass, lavender and litsea which smells like citrus but is not citrus:))

kumudini

Reaction score
A delicate rose will feel special especially since there is no risk of scent morphing on you. Kids love cocoa scent from the CB.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
You need to watch with citrus, especially summer, I make a nice blend of Lemongrass, lavender and litsea which smells like citrus but is not citrus:))
I don't use citrus EOs in any leave-on products. I know not all of them are photo-reactive, but I am not totally clear on which are and which aren't, so I just don't use them.

I make a bunch of stuff - there are about 30 employees at my office and I make them each a goodie bag. I am actually going to recycle baby food jars and use them to hold the body butter. The jars are more expensive than what goes in them! I also make a bunch of stuff and leave out a "buffet" for my family members to choose from at our family Christmas dinner, which usually has about 20 guests. Last year was a bit awkward - all I had was soaps made with lard and lip balm, and some Muslim guests joined us last minute so all they got was lip balm! Of course they were totally polite and were very appreciative of the lip balm, but I still felt bad.

Dahila

Reaction score
Lemon , Grapefruit, Orange, lime and any blend of those
Lemongrass and litsea are not:))