which scented wax melter do you like?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

quiltertoo

Reaction score
I have been looking at melters for tarts. There are melters that have light bulbs or heated plates or votive candles. I saw one on amazon that has a heated plate under the dish. The dish can be removed and the plate used to heat a container candle. I am thinking that because the light bulb has to be replaced I would prefer a heated plate. Does either work better?

Mary Lou

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm probably of no help because I have the kind that's heated by tea-lights, with a roomy 4" space between the bottom of the tart-dish/well and the floor of the burner where the tea light goes. I mention the height because I was told that for safety sake, a 4" space is preferred for those kinds of burners/melters.

For what it's worth, I love my melter.

IrishLass :)

traderbren

Reaction score
I'm a light bulb heater kinda gal. I have one of the heated plates, but don't use it because I'd much rather light a light-able candle than just melt it. My light bulb warmer lives in a corner of my bathroom counter where my kids can't touch it. They leave lit candles alone so they're never a problem.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I like the light bulbs ones myself but don't get a scentsy melter, they take a special lightbulb you can only get from a dealer. I picked up a pretty lightbulb melter at walmart for under $20.