Which pictures are best?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which photo background shouls be my first image?

• soap & dish on white towel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • soap & dish on pink polka-dotted fabric

• soap & dish on black & white polka-dotted fabric

• soap & dish on black & white checked fabric

• soap & dish in cello w/ bow on Blk/Wht polka dots

• soap & dish in cello w/ bnow on Blk/Wht checks

• hire a real photographer they all stink

• Total voters

Tabitha

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding inspiration for my spring & VDay soaps pictures. Year round I use a lime-ish green polka-dotted background to build brand recognition. Because it's VDay I thought something more Valentine-ish would be in order. Please take a look at my site www.artspot.etsy.com You will see my 3 featured items. Please click on each item & see the alternate photos & let me know which you think is more eye grabbing to be in the thumbnail index at etsy. It will be the first impression customers see.

Thank you!-Tabitha

Thanks Lane, I have really enjoyed my etsy store. I have had persoanl websites & done the ebay thing but really like the supportive artists community at etsy.

Tab- I just posted about adding esty store links to my link page from my site.

http://luxurylanesoap.com/Pink/LinkageBaby.html

I'd love to add your store!

My online store does great, but I advertise like crazy...actually, a lot of my business comes from MySpace...haha...who knew?! I'm working on an esty store also. But everytime I go to the Esty site, I end up spending all my time browsing and buying!!! :lol:

I really like the center one, the "Rose on Rose" scented picture Tab. They all look great, but the checkered white and black background brings out what is sitting on top of it! Nice job and great store! Even though I have been to your store often!

Paul

I am thinking about switching all of my pictures to blk/wht checks. That is how I had them for years because my logo is outlined in black checks. The fabric in the photo is actually gingham, but I do have a bunch of checks that are a bit larger I used before. I used to do the checked ribbon & tissue paper & the whole nine yards, everything was just so, so.

I have drifted from that lately cause my B&M shop is the Art Spot & it's logo contains (what else) spots! That is when I started buying polka dots & now I am just 1 big geometric mess :roll: !

Tab I really likie the green and white dots. It kinda jumps out at you and is very spring like. I didn't see the one with the towel though. I like the pics. Very nicely done. For V-day the red and white would be a nice touch.

Back