Which one is best?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grungedoll

Reaction score
I am at the moment using EL Millennium wax, and while I do like it I’ve been thinking about checking other waxes as well. I’ve been looking at Golden Brands 415, 444, and nature’s wax C-3. Which do you find better if you’ve had experience with it (as far as cold/hot throw and candle tops)? Which are good about shipping to different climates? (I’ve actually read that the 415 can just start melting if it goes into really subtle warm weather temps.. :/)

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:
Start another thread for the heat gun info you require in the shopping recs section and you'll get more answers. You have two different questions for separate information.

Start another thread for the heat gun info you require in the shopping recs section and you'll get more answers. You have two different questions for separate information.

Oops, so sorry. :(! Well if anyone has any opinions as far as the wax here, I’d appreciate it.

Sorry, I work exclusively with paraffin and palm waxes. I always found soy waxes to be too finicky for my taste, and never had the patience for it.
I can understand that. I really love the idea of using soy so I’m willing to try and figure it out, but sometimes I think it maybe even a little bit easier in the long run to at least just try maybe a sort of soy/paraffin blend for a little bit more consistency. But who knows. I’m just getting started so I guess I’ve got plenty of time to test!

I have tested the GW415, GW444, GW464, EL Classic (Amercian Soy Wax), Millennium, NatureWax C-3, EcoSoyas, and various other soy brands. For me the only thing that really matters is scent throw. In my 30 years of experience customers rarely care about frosting or weird tops. And usually a heat gun can take care of weird tops. To customers it is mostly about the scent. As far as scent throw the Millennium and GW464 have the best overall scent throw from my testing. (I used the same 4 oils in all tests. I blindly put the candles in different rooms of the house and evaluated every few hours. Put them out. Moved around and did it again.) These were 60 hour tests.

We had originally used Enchanted Lites classic but they went out of business. So we picked up the GW464 after our testing. Now we are going back to Millennium since I feel it is more consistent.

Back