Which one goes where?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navaria

Reaction score
I need to make body butter and sugar scrub. I have 8 oz. short, fat glass jars and 4 oz. plastic jars (BB style) which should go in which jar?? I've been debating this for over a week now and just when I think I've decided, I think of something else and change my mind. I know this sounds dumb, but it's driving me nuts! Consensus wins, so vote early, vote often lol

I don't use any glass for packaging. I'm afraid someone would hurt themselves. I make my body butter in 4 oz. plastic jars and my sugar scrubs in 8 oz. I would especially not put my sugar scrub in glass as it will come in contact with water in the shower. HTH :)

What Shari said. Anything that will be handled at the sink, shower, bathtub, etc. with wet, slippery hands and a good chance of bare feet being involved -- definitely needs to be in plastic, not glass.

That was one of my thoughts as well. The risk of breakage. You ladies have confirmed it for me then!

My body butters are in glass, as people can have them in places like the bedroom and so on. A scrub would be pretty much bathroom only, so plastic all the way

I believe this is the way I'm going to go as well. I love the look of glass jars but don't want to create a hazard for anyone KWIM

I agree. I use plastic due to safety concerns. If I had to pick one for glass, Id go for the body butter since folks probably won't take that to the shower.

That was my original thought. But then I got to wondering about quantities. I know I use more sugar scrub than body butter. It's the nature of the beast. It just takes more. But safety is more important.

Back