Which Olive Oil do you use? and problem with OO or TD?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to reply that I did buy and use the Pompiean Olive Oil from BJ's and I didn't have any different results than when I was using the Wellesley Farm Oil. It soaped beautifully.

Thank you all for your replies and the welcome!!

There are no sign of glycerin rivers Gerry. SoapSense....let me know if you do try the BJ's oil and results, might be worth trying a small batch as it may be something I am doing and not the oil since there seems to be a lot of controversy about OO.

VSC

Without being able to see the swirliness that you mention, I will say that more often than I would have imagined, one can see the way someone poured or the way someone swirled by kind of ghostly changes to the colors within the soap. I have seen it in uncolored soap as well. If it's not glycerin rivers and it's too faint to be picked up on camera, I would guess it's this issue. I'm not certain what happens that makes it visible how the batter folded into the mold or what it is about disrupting the soap by swirling it, but I've seen them plenty often to know it happens.

Back