Which fragrance to use in Liquid shampoo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattanjeet

Reaction score
Hi all,
can you all suggest which fragrance to use in shampoo. I want to use a mild one. I have tried few but not liking any.

I recently added Oatmeal Milk and Honey to my shampoo bars, and I really like it. It's a light scent, not perfumey at all.
Thank you Dear Alioop, you have directed to the right link,now I can raise my concern regarding shampoos and all there ( liquid soap ) Loads of kisses to you 😘😘😘😘

I got one recently that works well in shampoo and conditioner. It was Mangosteen from Making Cosmetics. The SDS says its like 20-30% limonene, so maybe terpenes are good for that short lasting blast of fragrance. I might buy a bottle of limonene one of these days. They sell it cheap as a cleaner.

I recently made some shampoo & conditioner bars and used two fragrances: Alpine Frost and Baby #675 (Philosophy type). Both are CC fragrances.
Baby is absolutely beautiful! It's soft and light and we all absolutely love this fragrance, enough to make it into a feminine fragrance.
Alpine frost is more unisex: a winter fragrance - so it's a pine blend, but more soft.
Hope this helps!

I recently added Oatmeal Milk and Honey to my shampoo bars, and I really like it. It's a light scent, not perfumey at all.
Based on your recommendation, I used Hiney and almond and it's good. It's just the fragrance that I was looking for my shampoo. Mild and Soft

I like a combination of EOs that are good for the hair.
Hi

I am lil hesitant to use the EOs as they dont last long. To me personally, fragrance is important, that's why I prefer to use FOs over EOs

I am lil hesitant to use the EOs as they dont last long. To me personally, fragrance is important, that's why I prefer to use FOs over EOs
You didn't mention if you are making lye-based shampoo or syndet???

I've been making lye-based Hair & Body Liquid Shampoo for longer than I can remember LOL and I don't have a problem with EOs fading as they do in my hard bars.
Peppermint EO is the most popular. Lavender & Rosemary is good for the hair. Lavender EO & Vanilla FO is calming for babies and toddlers.

For an FO, there are so many choices it really is a matter of what type of scent you like best. Floral? Herbal? Woodsy? Citrus? etc. The sky's the limit. A favorite FO for the younger set is Monkey Farts. It has a tropical scent that adults like as well. A few different suppliers carry it.

Back