Which do you prefer, Lather or No Lather??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
I prefer light lather because I know it doesn't matter how the bar lathers just as long as the soap cleans my body! Anybody else??

Lather and more bubbly lather! I like a lot if big bubbles (a male thing) and nice creamy little bubbles too. I like keeping my coconut and PKO levels at 34% to get plenty of big bubbles. I add a lot of conditioning oils t o compensate for the higher level of CO & PKO. The goat milk added also helps make my soap less "itchy" since I use a higher % of these oils.

Paul.... :wink:

dragonfly princess said:
My melt and pour soaps don't seem to lather as much as I would like, is there something I can add to make them lather more?

I don't know if it would work on M&P, but could you add a little sugar to it? I would add just enough water to make a heavy syrup, then add when you melt the soap. It does increase lather in CP soap!

Paul... :wink:

dragonfly princess said:
My melt and pour soaps don't seem to lather as much as I would like, is there something I can add to make them lather more?

Yes you can add sugar, 1 tsp of coconut oil, or 1 tsp of castor oil. I don't need to add anything with the bases I use. My soaps lather like crazy. To make them harder you can add olive oil 1tbs pp for opaque soap. Add 1 tbs jojoba to glycerin to make harder. Jojoba is a wax therefore adding to the hardness of the bar but I'm not sure why olive oil works. But after a lot of testing it really does work. OOOH and it also helps with sweating! But dont take my word try it out and see for yourself.

Back