Whew!!Lotion Save

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would have been so angry if I had to dump 2 gallons of Pumpkin seed Emulsified Butter. It just did not want to stay together. I went downstairs and pouted for a while thinking about it. It occurred to me that I might have cut the water too much to keep the emulsification together since the oil just kept leaking out. I already had some of the preservative added so it could sit and I could still safely heat it to 140º +. I reheated the lotion to 140ºF and added in 20% hot water, I now have lotion, and the second preservative is added. :D There was a time I probably would have dumped it, but it was an expensive batch of lotion. BTW, it smells delicious and I doubt I will fragrance it.

I was not going to make lotion today even though I had planned the day for lotion but Freddy was laying in the bottom of his cage last night and I was sure he would be gone this morning. Well, this morning he was still in the same place, but now he is eating again and back at the top of his cage. He is the oddest Cham I have ever had. Never have I had one that lays on the bottom of the cage unless it is sick and dying. So when he had and became active again I figured it was safe to make lotion. Shows what I know. :p

I wouldn't have figured it out. Lotion formulation is something that escapes me. If I hadn't have found a easy recipe here, I'd never be able to make my own.
Its seems to be a mediocre recipe and I have no ides how to improve it lol.

So glad freddy is ok. That would have freaked me out. I only have snakes and tarantulas now, they are worlds easier then lizards.

Back