Where's my post?? Any ideas?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

celticjanis

Reaction score
Hi. I'm pretty sure I sent a new thread under lye making forum along with some pics....Did it register? How can I find out if it was/wasn't received? I think I forgot to give it a title, tho. Would that matter?
Thanks.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi celticjanis- the most recent post I am able to find of yours (besides this one) is the posting you made on January 26 regarding scraping off ash. If a title is not added when making a new thread, the post won't go through, but a prompt should have popped up instructing you to add a title. Did the prompt show up for you?

IrishLass :)

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Interesting...... To test things out, I just now tried posting a new thread in a couple of different sections of the forum without adding titles to them, and the prompt immediately came right up on each one and prevented them from going through- so at least we know it wasn't that. Hmmmm....I wish I had a better answer to offer than the cyber monster must've ate it, but that's the best I've got right now. :lol:

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Today I posted a rather lengthy reply and went to "Preview Post" to edit. After I finished, I forgot to click "Submit", went on to another thread, and thus my "pearls of wisdom" (LOL) were lost forever.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I hate when that happens! :twisted: I *usually* try to type my posts in Notepad and edit them there before copying/pasting into the reply box, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and start typing into the reply box by default, and the odds are usually pretty good when I do that, that I'll end up hitting the back button for whatever stupid reason or hitting some other button, and 'poof', it's bye bye post the split second before I realize what I've just done. :lol: