Where to get tiny little molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to make some little m&p details to decorate the top of some soaps - like seashells, roses, lavender flower (I'm so tired of making lavender soap so need to spruce it up). I know there are Wilton molds, but they don't have what I'm looking for.

I've seen & purchases tiny ice cube trays at a Kitchen-type store in outlet malls. Williams Sonoma or one of those - I don't really recall the actually names, but this link shows something like (not the same, but similar) to what I have found in kitchen-type stores:

https://tinyurl.com/y3nl3y8d
AliExpress has some like this: US $0.97 12% OFF|DIY 55 Mini Heart Shape Food Silicone Ice Cube Mold Fondant Chocolate Tray Mould Cute Ice Cream Maker Mold Kitchen Gadgets Tools|Ice Cream Tubs| - AliExpress

Wilton has a rose candy mold: Rose Silicone Candy Mold, 12-Cavity | Wilton

JB Cookie Cutters has tiny shapes: Mini Gems Silicone Mold

Try a Google search for candy molds, chocolate molds, tiny ice cube molds, polymer clay molds, gummy bear molds; all will turn up loads of tiny shapes that might be what you are looking for.

Brambleberry has a few small molds but I think most of them are actually Wilton brand. There was one with sea shells/beach stuff but I don’t know if they still have it. WSP is the same but they had at cute flip flop mold at one point (I got mine in a kit, don’t know if it comes separate).

I have used silicone molds from Walmart and the dollar store for embeds.

I’ve bought many with different designs from Amazon and the cost was half the price of local stores near me.

One of the things I love about Katie Carson is that she is so open to sharing her sources for stuff! Here's a video where she gives several links to her embed molds:

I've actually bought many silicon molds from her links and they are easy to use and adorable!

It's also pretty easy to make silicone molds. I made the shells in my avatar using tiny shells I've collected over the years with my (now adult) children.

Amazon has the biggest selection at the cheapest prices, with the fastest shipping (with Prime).
Search silicone molds - silicone resin molds - silicone soap molds. A ton (and I do mean a ton) will pop up for you.

I’ve bought quite a few on amazon and some from pampered chef. I’m not sure if pampered chef is in the US. I live In Canada. But I’m sure you can find out on their website.

I love, love, love the silicone embed molds from Vanulay. They are pricey (I had to save for and space out my purchases over time), but they are top-notch and absolutely fantastic to use.

I have their 40-cavity raspberry mold, which I use for making both raspberries and blackberries......

...their mini mini/ball bearing sprinkle mold, which I use for making pearl embeds (instead of using candy pearls)......

..their rose leaf mold and their mini roses mold mold....

....their whole mini apple mold....

....and their food safe watermelon seed mold, which I use for making chocolate watermelon seeds to mix into my homemade watermelon ice cream.

Like Dibbles, I've also made my own silicone seashell mold with many of the little shells I've collected over the years, which was very easy to do.

IrishLass :)

Back