Where to get hydrogenated Soybean

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckscent

Reaction score
I am trying a couple new recipes out I ran thru soap calc and one of the oils I want to try is soy wax, or hydrogenated Soybean. Who would have it? Can you get it at like walmart or have to mail order it?

Check out Community Candle in Pelham. I've got some soy wax that dixiedragon picked up there but I haven't used it for soapmaking. I'm pretty sure I've seen hydrogenated soybean oil at Costco and Restaurant Depot.

Check out Community Candle in Pelham. I've got some soy wax that dixiedragon picked up there but I haven't used it for soapmaking. I'm pretty sure I've seen hydrogenated soybean oil at Costco and Restaurant Depot.

Yea, was there today to get some other stuff. She didnt have it.

Duh. Just realized you're looking for a local source. If you can't find it and want to order it then -

Bulk Apothecary carries it. I've personally used this one: http://www.bulkapothecary.com/produ...osoya-cb-135-soy-candle-wax-kosher-certified/

I like it because it's non-GMO soybeans and free from pesticides and herbicides. The manufacturer adds un-named botanical oils but I've not encountered any issues with it in CP soaping.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back