Where to find ORGANIC palm oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyP

Reaction score
Has anyone found organic palm oil? I can source red palm butter/oil pretty easily. But regular palm oil doesn't seem to exist. According to Google, the only place to get it is on Ebay from Dr. Adorable, and I don't trust them for a second. (Their prices are too good to be true, nothing has a certification label, too many poor reviews, etc.) This would lead me to believe that it just isn't being manufactured to organic standards and I'm out of luck. But... then I see big companies selling products that state organic palm oil on their ingredient panel. Either they are liars, or they are hogging it all for themselves, or I'm just looking in the wrong place. Anyone know where I can find a reliable source? TIA!

YESSSS! Thank you! Exactly what I needed. I wonder why they didn't pop up when I was searching? Order is going in TONIGHT!

Are yousure it's organic you want and not sustainable palm oil?

Sustainable AND organic would be my preference, but I'm trying to focus on improving one thing at a time. Right now I am trying to reach the magic 70% minimum organic threshold for all of my soaps. Most are 80-90%, but I've got one that isn't even close, due to the palm. My red palm is perfect - ethically sourced, fair trade certified, and organic. And I can get it at my local grocery store at a great price. Yeah for me! :)

Last edited:
The organic palm oil from Soaper's choice is RSPO. These guys know a lot about their oils. When in doubt, call them. Many of the oils they have for soap makers are food grade and organic.

Latest posts

Back