Where to find ingredients for African Black Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I'm searching for a source to purchase cocoa pods and shea bark. I realize ABS has been discussed in old threads but I'm hoping some of you may know where I can find these pods at a reasonable price.

There are some places online where you can purchase Cocoa pods but you will pay more than if you just purchase a true block of ABS. No matter what you use it will not be true African Black Soap. Each village uses recipes handed down for generations. I am sorry I just think some types should not be duplicated, it is their soap, method, recipes etc and I think it should stay theirs. You want ABS purchase some that has come in from Ghana. Sorry, somethings I am a purest with and I have not read about using shea bark. Maybe shea grows in the US but I have not heard of it and since cacao grows in a small area of the US it can be hard to come by. Cacao has to grow in hot humid areas.

Kimberly McNutt makes black african soap including the botanicals. Do a YouTube search for black African soap Kimberly McNutt cornerstone market. She does hers hp and she includes recipes with her videos.

Robert

Kimberly McNutt makes black african soap including the botanicals. Do a YouTube search for black African soap Kimberly McNutt cornerstone market. She does hers hp and she includes recipes with her videos.

Robert
In my opinion hers is a joke and she does not use the proper ingredients. Buy it from someone in Ghana so you have true ABS and let them make some money...

Latest posts

Back