Where to buy....?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Ipsale

Reaction score
I’m a newbie and as a Christmas gift to myself i would like to order some items to start making bath products.
I’m wanting to make:
Whipped soap & scrubs
Cleansing facial oil
Eczema salve
Possibly soap...

I’m trying to go the more natural route but haven’t decided if I should do organic or not.

So I’m starting from the bottom & am going to need everything. I don’t want to buy a kit but I’m on a tight budget so I’m wondering where the best place to buy from is.. I know there are a lot of places that sell the ingredients I would need but I know some are going to cost a lot more than others. I need good quality stuff. I know brambleberry is good but I heard the shipping charges are insane.

Suggestions?

Hello and welcome. I would suggest searching ingredients for the items you want to make. There are threads on the forum for most of what you want to make. I don’t make any of what you are considering except soap. I make a scrub bit it’s emulsified and not made with soap.

You can purchase whipped soap bases from companies like WSP. Probably cheaper than making your own being on a limited spending budget. Salve can be made relatively easy. Though you’d never be able to make and sell it for eczema. Personal yes. There’s a great tread for cleansing oil here too.

WSP is good for kits to just try something. You might want to fill your cart and get a shipping estimate and compare WSP and Brambleberry. BB does have shipping, but the prices are lower. WSP has free shipping, but higher prices.

Back