Where to buy Stearic and Kokum Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordankb

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am working on figuring out a way to price my soap and Stearic and kokum butter are adding quite a bit to my per bar costs. Right now I have Stearic from Brambleberry and Kokum from Chemistry Store. Does anyone know where I can get these or any other soap making oils for the best price?

I would check Soaper's Choice...not sure they carry Kokum Butter though. I've never used that one. They do carry Stearic Acid. You could also check WSP but I'm not sure of their prices.

Thank you. I didn't know about Soaper's Choice and they seem to have a better price on both of those. In addition to those do you or does anyone else know where I can get KOH for the best price?

Check your area for a large chemical house if you live in a larger city. I pay $55 for a 50# bag of KOH. Otherwise Essential Depot is probably your best bet. I usually get my kokum through co-op buys, but I am not a hugh fan of kokum butter

I bought kokum butter from Mountain Rose Herb; I can't give you an idea about how the price compares to other places. (I just bought a small amount for personal use) They are a dedicated organic company however, and I always trust their quality.

Latest posts

Back