Where to buy Kpangnan butter for salt bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chlobue

Reaction score
Can you folks out in cyberspace tell me where you get your Kpangnan butter. I want to try making Paul's new salt bars

You can just use all shea butter, but Kpangnan Butter is to die for! I use it in conjunction with refined shea in my whipped butters, lotions and creams and now in my foot balm. I got in on a co-op at another forum and bought about 8 pounds. It is a bit more expensive than shea, but feel like talc between your fingers and is so very soft! It has a lot of great qualities like shea, but perhaps even more! You can buy it at
Agbanga Karite:

http://shop.agbangakarite.com/category.sc?categoryId=7

$9.50 per pound or for %5.68 per pound in 25 pound lots! You all want to Co-Op 25 pounds? I'd be in for 4 or 5 more pounds and some shea from them. Let me know...let's do this!

ETA: Hey NEA, you beat me as I was typing! :) :lol:

Paul.... :wink:

Any soft, personal favorite butter would work as a sub wouldn't it?

Not really well, Tab. It takes either Shea or Kpangnan Butters because they are the only ones that have high percentages of unsaponifiables in them. Since this recipe uses 50% coconut oil, and coconut oil is itchy in this large percentage if not mixed with either Shea or Kpangnan. Even taking a lye discount of 8 or 9 percent would not stop the itchies. I use a 5.5% lye discount along with my pH lowering goat milk to make this recipe work without being itchy.
At a discount of more than 6.5percent, the bubblage factor is cut down a lot! But, you can use just Shea with no problems. The Kpangnan is just sooooo skin friendly!

I love Kpangan butter and use it in most of my soap recipes. I find it to not be as oily feeling as shea in body butter applications. It penetrates faster as well. Agbanga all the way when you purchase some. Their shea is die to for too. Coops are the way to go as well unless you can buy in bulk.

Is it just not the best cpsoaper? I love the way it feels! Like you said, not greasy like shea at all, rather like talc between your fingers and melts on body contact. I like it very well in my salt bar, and recently used it for the first time in a CP recipe. Like I said, I'd be willing to hst a CO-OP on this with them! We can surely get 25 pounds worth sold! :)

Paul... :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Is it just not the best cpsoaper? I love the way it feels! Like you said, not greasy like shea at all, rather like talc between your fingers and melts on body contact. I like it very well in my salt bar, and recently used it for the first time in a CP recipe. Like I said, I'd be willing to hst a CO-OP on this with them! We can surely get 25 pounds worth sold! :)

Paul... :wink:

You love to make soap, you make great molds and you have great taste in butters. I can tell just by that that you are a good person. 8) Next time try it in a gm soap. I have a soap that I make with 3 milks and kpangan butter that has lather smooth as silk. It is so luxurious with those ingredients. I sold out of it and need to make it again. Kpagnan butter. Love it!!

I would most definitely be interested in a coop. I am almost out and have been holding out to buy more until after the 1st of year. All my supplies are low. I guess in some ways that is a good sign. :)

Soapmaker Man, Put me in for 2 pounds of kpangnan butter. Let me know when you are going to order it.
Chris :D :D :D

I split this topic from this last post to a more appropriate location, namely, the "Buy, Sell, Trade" forum. You can go there to sign up for the possible CO-OP. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back