Where is our reality show?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! The added drama and tears! 🤣🤣🤣
I was thinking the same! They live in the same house, AND have to use each other's soaps. I'm picturing the group huddled in the living room, some of them wiping away tears, as they criticize each other's efforts:

Contestant 1: "You are so selfish! You KNOW that my skin can't tolerate that much coconut oil! But all you cared about was winning the Best Lather category. You never think of others, do you?"

Contestant 2: "Well, at least MY soap HAS lather. You and your high-lard, so-called lotion-y-lather bars. Who wants to spread pig fat on their skin? Not me!"

Last edited:
12 Contestants from around the world. Set in the US due do availability of ingredients.
3 Judge Panel (must have been making soap for at least 10 years, cannot be a soap supplier [conflict of interest]).
1 Host

Instead of a 'tent' or 'forge', we have a 'studio' with standard soaping equipment.

There would be three challenges similar to the Bake Off:
1) Signature - This would be a 'stock' soap
2) Technical - This would be a 'technique' or 'design' picked by the Judges.
3) Show Stopper -This would be a really fancy soap...something along the line of "I Dream in Soap" and "From Grace to You".

The Signature Soap would be a recreation. The soap maker would have to submit six bars of cured soap to the Judges and then make the same soap during the competition. The soap would be judged on the quality of the soap.

The Technical Soap would be based on how the cut soap meets or exceeds the technique or design.

The Show Stopper is based strictly on looks.

Each 'season' would last approximately 10 weeks. A soap maker eliminated each week down to the "final four" and then the winner.

Each week...a different kind of soap can be made...Cold Process, Hot Process, Cold Process/Hot Process, Melt & Pour.

Contestants will be allowed to request certain suppliers for their scents and colorants, but the names of the companies will be hidden (conflict of interest).

Everyone will use the same Loaf or Slab Mold. Must present six bars to the judges.

SIDE NOTE: Kennie from Royal Apple Berry is a contestant of Meet Your Makers Showdown. It airs on November 27th on Discovery +

Oh no, that is just the next line to your song - I totally defer to you, and your singing abilities, which far exceed mine!
Chicken!

I think all the soapers must live in the same house during cure time
Then we could play red light green light while waiting and some of us will be eliminated!

To stir up some drama you need an intruder that comes in half way through the season. The intruder has only been making soap for one month and has already been selling it at the farmer's market. :)
Yes, and it is HP that has not been cured, and it is decorated with some lavender turds buds on top. 😆

Only in season 1, neem will be still forbidden.
We won't get @Ford to play unless we promise that there will be no neem.

Last edited:
I think we’ll need a helpful tip segment inspired by Thread titles and my very strange mind

Will plop and glop = flop?
How to keep soap hairless
Protecting soap while on vacation
The importance of a sniffy spot
Oh no! The zaps!
Yes, Virginia, you can make a 50% EDTA solution
Selling soaps in the sun
Salt soap on a stick
How to protect feet from lye accidents
Fats/oils that compliment or hate each other
Weird questions about soaping and tongues
Fiberglass Insulation Soap
Sleeping with soap
Soaping with yeast
Embeds all furry?

I just saw a trailer for “Meet Your Maker” with Chrissy Metz and Leann Rimes. An episode is on artesian soap making. Their definition of “artesian” is melt ‘n pour. Uh no, not interested.

I'm not sure whether this comment is more bigoted or elitist, or just plain ignorant and rude. That would be like someone saying...you're not a REAL artist because you're using acrylic instead of oil. Soap is soap...it does NOT matter if it is Cold Process, Hot Process, CPHP, Rebatch or Melt & Pour. There is a certain amount of artistry and talent that is required for each of them, not to mention a heck of a lot of skill. I have seen M&P soap that are absolute works of art. I've tried M&P myself...let's just say that it did not go well.

And it's television...where every problem in the world is solved in 42 minutes and as such, M&P is a perfect medium for that format. It's already soap...it goes from a solid to a liquid back to a solid in just minutes instead of hours or days. And no need to have the additional expense of having a HazMat team on the set because you're handling Sodium Hydroxide.

Back