Where is our reality show?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saponification Nation
Sapoficination 😵

Or, the makers submit soap in advance for quality assessment and from there it’s all about how it smells and looks when made using only that recipe.
Dudes, have you never seen TV shows? CLIFFHANGERS! What could be better than a catchy “Aaaand, how will the soap perform? That, peeps, we'll find out in the next episode of Sapoficination™!”, and prepend each episode with a “What happened so far” fast-forward through the funniest mishaps of the last show.

Or, the makers submit soap in advance for quality assessment and from there it’s all about how it smells and looks when made using only that recipe.

That would work with the "Signature" and "Show Stopper" since the Signature is about something that you are known for and you get to practice the Show Stopper, but Technical is about knowing your craft. So maybe instead of requiring a cure, the Technical would simply be about how well can you do certain techniques or designs like Ghost Swirls, Clyde Slide, Taiwan Swirl, etc.

If someone is working on a budget for the show, don’t forget to include the funding that will be needed to pay dozens of judges to adequately and fairly evaluate the soap qualities.

You don't need a dozen Judges...just two or three who are well known and respected.

ETA - But no Gordon Ramsey types or we'd have to hold him/her down and wash their mouth out with the challenge.

Hmm. 🤔 Since we are a nation of "international lyers", rather than the Brit Baking Show, instead, we simplify things with weekly episodes, each covering the day in the life of a member from a different country.

Episode 1 - New Zealand."Ms Kiwi Moose Sees Red"

There's a script in that thread somewhere... Confidently, our heroine starts creating a batch of soap in her own inimitable way, weighing each ingredient carefully as she goes along. Almost finished and ready to put the soap to bed, when SUPRISE! Tragedy strikes! She drops the red mica. It sprays all over making her kitchen look like a recent homicide! At first she's angry! Then flumoxed. Then tearful as she woefully turns to her computer for support from the group, many of whom bite their tongues to keep from laughing at the sight, before commiserating and encouraging her to do what needs to be done, like it or not. She dries her tears. Heads back to the kitchen. Takes one look at the mess. Opens the fridge, pulls out a bottle and pours a glass of Pinot Grigio. She carries it to the living room and sighs as she plops into her chair, puts her feet up on the ottoman and downs the wine while gazing into the flames of a crackling fire in the fireplace. The wine glass slips from her hand as she nods off to dream of a better day. Fade to black.

That was the clean version. There’s another one with lots of slapping and banging mentioned. 😂
Do share! Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with soap frosting on top?

🎼🎵... I say, DOCTOR! What else can I make? I say, DOCTOR! I need to wash my hands and face... 🎶

If someone is working on a budget for the show, don’t forget to include the funding that will be needed to pay dozens of judges to adequately and fairly evaluate the soap qualities.
Said judges, of course, must be taken from the ranks of professionals here on SMF. :)

"The Real Soap Opera", brought to you by Saponification Nation, a Motley Crew of International Lyers.
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Lyers - LOL!!

That was the clean version. There’s another one with lots of slapping and banging mentioned. 😂
Hello, @Dawni , are ya following this??!!

And why did I not think of this earlier? I'm nominating @Jersey Girl 's JerseyBoy as narrator! Duh!

I just caught up Mrs. Zing with the theme song and latest posts. Mrs. Zing: "Oh my gosh, you all need help."

@ResolvableOwl either needs to be one of the judges, or the narrator whispering to the camera the science behind what the contestant just did wrong and the DISASTER about to happen and the science behind it....
and Lord forbid anybody say something toxicologically incorrect around Owl!

Last edited:
I'd say @ResolvableOwl and I should be co-hosts. We could be the Nick Offerman and Amy Poehler, respectively, because the owl knows WAY more than I do about soap, and I'm a-dork-able! Or the Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas. We could have all the fun, but don't have the stress of deciding who goes home.

Oh i'm laughing out loud' so funny. bawhaha 🤣😂

I'm imagining conversations like this for "West Coast Soapers":

-You put dirt in shave soap?!

-Its called bentonite and it's for slip!

-Dirt dulls blades!

-Doesn't shaving already dull them???

-Use glycerin!!!

02b.jpg

Bawhaha so funny 🤣😂

Oh I love It!!! Laughing so hard 🤣😂😅.

@ResolvableOwl either needs to be one of the judges, or the narrator whispering to the camera the science behind what the contestant just did wrong and the DISASTER about to happen...
“Ohhh! That looks like a % or two too much of the soy wax. Ain't do well in the FA profile. And just look at that overcautious temperature! Will that end in a false trace catastrophe, or will the loaf just break a few strings of the bar cutter? We'll see in a minute, but first we'll switch over to XYZ, who is ready to fall for the DOS spell with a well-meant recipe full of expensive rookie mistakes…”

What about a “Behind the Scenes” ASMR spin-off, where people can watch us wash off all the dishes for hours? Real-time, without script, without background music. We shouldn't leave the impression that soapmaking were any fun.

I just caught up Mrs. Zing with the theme song and latest posts. Mrs. Zing: "Oh my gosh, you all need help."
This is a GREAT move of hers. You are really blessed with her 🥰. She can come and support us with cleaning up afterwards.:nodding:

Latest posts

Back