Where do you buy your water soluble dyes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharee

Reaction score
I went to pick up some missing supplies at a local shop and got to talking to the owner. I told her i was going to be making bath bombs that coloured the water. She asked me what kind did i buy. I Showed her what i had been told to purchases these “lake” products.
She said these would not work because they were not water soluble!
Where do the professional soap makers buy their natural dyes for bath bombs that colour the water. Id love a aqua blue.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/...ryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=DHDgVSn0T

Two days ago I used dye from Amazon. I mixed it in right before putting the soap into almond milk containers so it would look swirled. Used Ktdorns Soap Dye- 10 colors. What a MESS it made. It sunk to the bottom, ruined my cutting board, did not mix in at all. And now I’m thinking any dye that is trapped in my bars will most likely be concentrated and stain skin, stain shower shelves, stain soap dishes. I wish I had never bought it! It’s going back to Amazon, but meanwhile there’s 20 bars of soap I cannot use as Christmas presents.

Save on Citric, Mad Micas, or Nurture Soap

ETA: Lakes will work fine in bombs but you have to disperse in an oil, instead of blooming in water/witch hazel/alcohol.

While i am aware of that, i dont want to purchase of amazon.
I want to purchase for my bath bombs..as natural as possible a dye or mica that will colour the water with no ring.

While i am aware of that, i dont want to purchase of amazon.
I want to purchase for my bath bombs..as natural as possible a dye or mica that will colour the water with no ring.

I would suggest that you start reading in the Bath Section here. There are many answers to this Bolded question.

Please people, make sure that the Dye/color/mica is SKIN SAFE before you start to buy/use them. And make SURE before you give to someone else.

I have pretty much stopped purchasing raw ingredients from Amazon. I've come across too many "fake" products and mislabled items. The reviews seem to be filling up more and more with people saying they received items that were not as described.
Has anyone else found this to be true as well? I'm just not trusting Amazon at the moment for things that have to be right the first time.

Back