Where Do You Buy Your Supplies?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
I am wanting to start making some personal care items (shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, etc), and I have a huge list of items I'd like to try. Problem is, I am finding SCI at one place, Crothix at another, and Slsa somewhere else, etc. Is there a supplier with a good variety of products? I don't mind ordering from a couple different vendors, but I kinda hate paying for shipping for just one item at a time.
Any suggestions appreciated!

Depending on where you live, shipping costs may vary. I found that to get the best bottom line cost AND the amount I wanted, I had to order from both LotionCrafter and SaveOnCitric.

As for Speediness of delivery: I placed both orders last Friday morning and got confirmation emails that the orders were recieved on Friday. The LotionCrafter delivery arrived on Tuesday (2 days ago), but the SaveOnCitric order has not yet arrived, and according to the tracking number won't arrive until after I leave for Texas tomorrow (Friday). So LC appears to me to have a faster turn around time. Even though Monday was a holiday, LotionCrafter filled the order and the tracking number was 'live' and active on Saturday, whereas SOC did not obtain a tracking number until Monday and it wasn't 'live' and active until Tuesday (as I said, Monday was a holiday).

So if speed of delivery is an issue, I would recommend LC for those items for sure.

SaveOnCitric prices are not that great. Their 35# coconut is $71, when Jedwards 44# is $61.

Jedwards https://bulknaturaloils.com/coconut-oil-rbd.html
Also depends on what you are looking for as they don't have everything.
Course they are in my state and I get to pick up :dance: Which is rare for New England, all you midwesters all have good dealers near you :oops:

I believe she is looking for syndet ingredients for bath & body products, not soapmaking oils.

I ended up ordering many of my surfactants from Save on Citric. I ordered last week on Wednesday & it's supposed to be delivered today.
I also ordered some extras from the Herbarie (in SC, yay!), which arrived the next day, and Lotioncrafter. So, I still had to order from multiple vendors, but not as many as I expected :dance:

Latest posts

Back