Where do you buy your supplies?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KigerKat

Reaction score
I'm just starting to get into m&p soap making, and I'm wondering where a lot of you get your products. My local crafts store only carries one brand and doesn't really offer much of a selection, so I'm probably going to be looking at some online suppliers.

This is just a hobby for me - something to do for fun, which means that while I would like a good, quality product I also don't want anything too expensive.

And as far as m&p bases go, does anyone ever add anything besides fragrance or color to it? Just curious if things like vitamin E or aloe are other common additives or is it better to buy bases that include that already?

One more thing...do most of you use a microwave or a double boiler? I used a double boiler this morning but I think it might be easier to use a microwave.

Thanks for your help!!

Hi I am new to m&p too, i get my m&p bases through www.brambleberry.com they have several bases, i believe they are stephenson bases and brambleberry bases i use brambleberry bases they have several types for you to choose from so far i have tried goatsmilk, aloe, and honey m&p bases...also you can try www.wisterialane.com i am just waiting for my order to come in through this company...i also add carrier oils to the bases i believe for every pound you can add .5 to 1 oz of oils of your choice...hth... :)

carrier oils is vegetable oil derived from the fatty portion of a plant, usually from the seeds, kernels, or the nuts, like carrot seed oil. raspberry seed oil, aloe oil, avocado oil...etc..I use a double boiler to melt my soaps, just my preference... :)

columbusfoods.com
wholesalesuppliesplus.com

I sometines add seeds, like poppy seeds ot strawberry for exfoliation. Oats ground fine or corn meal also make for a nice scrubby soap.

I always use the microwave.

Back