Where do you all do your soaping?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitMommyOf2

Reaction score
Right now I'm doing my M&P in the kitchen and remove everything once I'm done. Once we have our own house (which will be in ~6 years when Hubby's out of the military) I'll have my own room.

How about you? :wink:

I do all of mine in the kitchen. Hopefully I will eventually have a store and I can have a soap home.

I'm just getting started with the whole soap thing. . . I've only made a couple batches and both were done in my sister in law's kitchen. I'm trying to get all the equipment/supplies to start doing it myself. For now it's just going to be a "when i have time" hobby - so I'll probably just stick to the kitchen for now.

I make my boys totally clean up my kitchen before I start and then when I am done, I clean up my own mess! I am going to look into some shelving units to put my soaps on, maybe in the tiny laundry room :D

dragonfly princess said:
I make my boys totally clean up my kitchen before I start and then when I am done, I clean up my own mess! I am going to look into some shelving units to put my soaps on, maybe in the tiny laundry room :D
:lol: Lucky you for your boys being able to do it! Too bad my kids are still too young! *g*
I have 2 of those shelves in the laudry room next to the kitchen and it works great. :wink:

So far it's been in the kitchen - but I've finally convinced hubbie to let me convert a section of the garage into my own little soaping station.

I have a dedicated bedroom just for my soap room. Tables, drying racks, lotion & Creams Table set up with the Kitchenaid. Soap table is for soap making only. I have shelves for my EO's, FO's, Oils and butters. Off limits to the dog and visiting kids! I like it pretty well. I have a few pics of it, I think.

Paul.... :wink:

FitMommyOf2 said:
Show us the pics, Paul! :wink:

OK, you asked for it! LOl It's not much, but it's just my space;

The shelves of oils, wire drying rack on the right
picsofhome016.jpg

My soaping table. It was a mess in this pic, better now :roll: :roll:
picsofhome015.jpg

Back in the corner is my desk with all my butters, E-Wax, lotion making stuff;
picsofhome017.jpg

It isn't a perfect place by far, but I can sit and dream about my next project. Always more to do, improvements to make. :)

Paul.... :wink:

Back