Where can i find cheap baskets?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim01

Reaction score
I'm putting together gift baskets and I'm looking for a cheap source for gift baskets.

Thrift stores are a great place to find unique baskets. Also places like walmart usually carry a pretty good selection of cheap baskets.

Craft stores generally have a good selection, although they aren't as cheap as walmart

If you don't like your local selection and want to order them online coedru.com is AWESOME. The selection will make you go :shock: :D

anhoki said:
If you don't like your local selection and want to order them online coedru.com is AWESOME. The selection will make you go :shock: :D

This is my new favorite place! Thanks :lol:

Fillers

I was looking at the gift baskets/boxes in Wal-Mart int he seasonal section...to get some ideas.

I noticed a cute square, wooden basket (no handles) with bath products nestled atop. I noticed a cardboard base obviously to keep the products ontop and giving the appearance of spilling out. And it wa shrink wrapped. Whish I had taken a picture to show you.

Has anyone made these type of gift baskets? I am thinking it wouldn't be too doffocult to make the cardboard base/filler. Maybe purchase the medium size cardboard boxes in the postal setion, cut them to size, bend them into 2 or 3 rows for product to sit on.

Then fill it with either natural or brown shredded paper (as to not clash with my labels and go with the natural theme).

I want the basket to resemble a homemade natural feel, and don't want it to clash with my labels (my avatar is a good example of the colo scheme).
Do you think that the fact that they would not be made in the Christmas color scheme would be a bad thing?

I plan on adding a few cinnamon sticks and a cinnamon-scented, pine cone, possibly on the side.

Any comments, advice or ideas?

Latest posts

Back