Where can I buy wooden soap dishes, brushes, luffas, etc?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishmish

Reaction score
I'm looking for wooden soap dishes, soap saver bags, luffas, manicure and back brushes, etc as accessories to my soap. I used to be able to get a wide variety of these products from Soapania in VA. Since the embargo on trade with China and now covid and supply chain problems, they are out of stock on nearly everything. Does anyone know of a good alternate wholesale source in the U.S.?

Have you checked out Wholesale Supplies Plus? They have bulk amounts of soap saver bags, wooden soap dishes and luffas. I didn't see that they sell any back brushes or manicure brushes, though.

IrishLass :)

Have you checked out Wholesale Supplies Plus? They have bulk amounts of soap saver bags, wooden soap dishes and luffas. I didn't see that they sell any back brushes or manicure brushes, though.

IrishLass :)
Thanks IrishLass, I've seen those but the choices are limited. I like to cut my own luffa slices to a different thickness than they offer, and I don't really like the "ladder" style wooden dish they have. Soapania had several different sizes and styles to choose from. The luffa pads that WSSP has will work though.

I'll have to give it a try. Now I'm looking for real cello bags. The suppliers I used to buy from have gone to PP, but still call them "cello". I tried using them for the "soap in a bag" soaps but the PP ones crinkle and distort and you can't clearly see what's inside, which is the selling point (I do fish/turtle aquariums and swimming mermaids). I've tried Nashville Wraps, Papermart, ClearBags, and another supplier I found online, no cello in the size I need, only PP.

This is a bit of a tangent but I was looking for wooden or bamboo soap dishes and didn’t like the choices I was seeing. I bought a piece of moulding at a box store and I am planning to make some soap holders. We’ll see how it goes!
8578CE91-C308-40A3-8D68-85582E58B045.jpeg

This is a bit of a tangent but I was looking for wooden or bamboo soap dishes and didn’t like the choices I was seeing. I bought a piece of moulding at a box store and I am planning to make some soap holders. We’ll see how it goes!

Pretty, but it could warp from the water.

One can coat it. Cyanoacrylate (super glue) would probably work, they use that for turned things like pens and rings.
That sounds a little terrifying, I would probably end up gluing myself to them. Vicki Soapdish Hands. I was thinking about just using polyurethane, but I think there is some advantage to having some friction on the soap dish. I get grossed out by mildewy soap dishes. I’ll have to experiment.
Try LOWEST PRICES handcrafted in the USA wood soap by HowellsProducts

He makes beautiful soap dishes at wholesale prices so you can resell. Very reasonable.
I was checking those out which was how I got inspired to try moulding. The Howell’s soap dishes all appear to be unfinished, I wonder how they last? Cedar would last well I think, but poplar? I wonder if they are scrap pieces from some other use? They are all that washboard style. Have you purchased them?

Last edited:
That sounds a little terrifying, I would probably end up gluing myself to them. Vicki Soapdish Hands. I was thinking about just using polyurethane, but I think there is some advantage to having some friction on the soap dish. I get grossed out by mildewy soap dishes. I’ll have to experiment.

I was checking those out which was how I got inspired to try moulding. The Howell’s soap dishes all appear to be unfinished, I wonder how they last? Cedar would last well I think, but poplar? I wonder if they are scrap pieces from some other use? They are all that washboard style. Have you purchased them?
Yes, I've ordered them. I haven't sold any though. I don't have any left. Sellers often give them away with a "buy four soaps get a soap dish free" deal. They are unfinished. He recommends buying two and switching them out every week or so to allow them to dry. They aren't all washboard, you'll have to look through his list. He has a new style of washboard with a raised bottom so less is touching water and one with slats. The washboard ones are the cheapest and he often has special sales on allowing people who belong to his facebook group to buy for cheaper prices.

Latest posts

Back