When you're trying to take a photo of your freshly poured batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricaL

Reaction score
And you drop your phone into the mold. That just happened. Had to fish it out with two wooden spoons.

Ugh. Maybe it will create a new swirl pattern that will be popular...:cry:

Please tell me I'm not the only one

Oh no! I've never dropped my phone into my soap, but a nearby houseplant fell from its perch and plopped into my soap once as I was banging my mold on the counter to get some air bubbles out of the soap. The banging caused enough vibration to cause the plant to dance right off the nearby shelf and into my soap below. lol I had just accomplished a rather lovely swirl, too, wouldn't you know it.

IrishLass :)

I think so. I have a phone that's fully in case and water proof. So I can't take the battery out. This is the first time I have done anything like this

Even making CP soap with my grandma when I was 10 I never dropped anything in the soap. There's always a first time for everything I suppose. Now I will never take a photo directly above the soap mold.

Speaking of bread dough...I baked my wedding band in a Loaf of sourdough once... after that I got my ring resized.

Oh no! I've never dropped my phone into my soap, but a nearby houseplant fell from its perch and plopped into my soap once as I was banging my mold on the counter to get some air bubbles out of the soap. The banging caused enough vibration to cause the plant to dance right off the nearby shelf and into my soap below. lol I had just accomplished a rather lovely swirl, too, wouldn't you know it.

IrishLass :)

Why do bad things happen to good swirls!?

And this is why I keep my phone in a waterproof case...
I could totally see doing this.

I dropped my phone into the soap as well and totally ruined my swirl. Thankfully it's in a case that warrantees the phone and absolutely nothing happened to the phone. My poor soap though....

Last edited:
Dana...I didn't even get a picture of my swirl before I butter fingered my phone. I tried to fix it to no avail. It's a muddy mess now. I wish I had the sense to grab my camera. But my case is aluminum (we know how well that works with active lye)...I've already made plans to mill and felt it.

Latest posts

Back