When your husband follows the market...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The stock market, that is. John always saves things on Twitter to show me when I get home from work. Often, they're related to stock accounts he follows. Yesterday, he showed me a Tweet with a graphic showing ingredients that will be or are in short supply. The top two items were Glycerin and Citric Acid. It was only because he recognized that I use both items that he brought it to my attention and he suggested that I might want to stock up on both. I can get the Citric Acid at my local bulk stores but Glycerin is another matter.

Even though I had just received a Voyageur order that very day, I did exactly as he suggested and put in another order for Glycerin.... and a few other things I MIGHT need! I love it when he encourages me.

:okay:

Yesterday, he showed me a Tweet with a graphic showing ingredients that will be or are in short supply. The top two items were Glycerin and Citric Acid.
What a sweet, thoughtful hubby. Good for him!

Was toilet paper on the list? I've heard that recently from two different sources, NPR and can't remember the other one.

What a sweet, thoughtful hubby. Good for him!

Was toilet paper on the list? I've heard that recently from two different sources, NPR and can't remember the other one.
No, there were 5 ingredients, no actual products, on the list. The only other one I remember was propylene, along with the glycerin and citric acid.

Apparently stearic acid is another. I went to order more since I've decided to use it for candle wax blending experiments, and WSP is selling a little 2oz baggie for $2.23. The last time I bought it there, was March 19 and it was $3.11 for one pound. MakeYourOwn.Buzz doesn't have any in stock at all, and LotionCrafter currently has a tallow-derived version for almost $10/lb. LotionCrafter has a note on the description that says there is an embargo impacting their supply chain for their usual stearic acid, and that the tallow version is just what they were able to get for now.

Some places still have it at more or less normal prices though...

Most kinds of plastic packaging will also be on the list. My FT job is already seeing an increase in leadtimes for plastic components and plastic coated wire, some going out as long as 9 months. I've seen this a bit as well in finding PET jars and lids.

Most kinds of plastic packaging will also be on the list. My FT job is already seeing an increase in leadtimes for plastic components and plastic coated wire, some going out as long as 9 months. I've seen this a bit as well in finding PET jars and lids.
I know that Voyageur has a lot of their containers out of stock. Thankfully, they still had some that I was looking for.

Hmm... the last time I bought citric acid was at a Cash & Carry. If you are having a hard time ordering it from suppliers, you might want to check at your local restaurant supply store. Most of them require a business license to purchase from them.

The stock market, that is. John always saves things on Twitter to show me when I get home from work. Often, they're related to stock accounts he follows. Yesterday, he showed me a Tweet with a graphic showing ingredients that will be or are in short supply. The top two items were Glycerin and Citric Acid. It was only because he recognized that I use both items that he brought it to my attention and he suggested that I might want to stock up on both. I can get the Citric Acid at my local bulk stores but Glycerin is another matter.

I'm going to give John five out of five stars. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Back